my thoughts (read:overreactions) after exhibition

It's not like he's just a shooter. If he's gonna keep penetrating towards the hoop he's gonna get banged around. He might benefit from a year to work on bulking up a little.
Might be good move, bigger, more muscular, but still agile is beneficial, takes time.

CJF was impressive in his debut. He has a quick shot and isn't afraid to launch it up. After the game JW had nothing but glowing praise for CJ...apparently they're roommates. He seems to have some size to him as well which is good to see. Hopefully he quickly makes us forget about moss.

If CJF shoots this well against good teams, we will forget about IM. On good nights, IM could create separation and score - didn't notice if CJF showed that skill last night.

If CJF shoots this well against good teams, we will forget about IM. On good nights, IM could create separation and score - didn't notice if CJF showed that skill last night.

Moss good nights were too far & few between. Fredrick looked impressive, especially for a freshman starting for the 1st time. He wasn't afriad to shoot which was something we've been missing in the last couple years. CJF is already an upgrade from the 2 guards from last year.

Who said he was bad? Connor was fine, if you watched the games the assists were mostly passing to wide open jump shooters. Again he didn’t do anything bad it was an exhibition game hard to get a read.

I think it’s fair for people to question whether he’s starting point guard in the B1G quality. He will have a chance to prove those ppl wrong.

I think Connor could be good at bridging the gap to Joe. I just hope that when Joe gets more comfortable and under control that Fran is willing to take minutes from Connor and give them to Joe, as Joe obviously have 100x the upside at PG than Connor does.

Who said he was bad? Connor was fine, if you watched the games the assists were mostly passing to wide open jump shooters. Again he didn’t do anything bad it was an exhibition game hard to get a read.

I think it’s fair for people to question whether he’s starting point guard in the B1G quality. He will have a chance to prove those ppl wrong.

Yeah, I am Connor backer and I thought his game was just meh. I think it's great that he racked up those assist, but as you said, he was just passing the rock to guys who were wide open. That stretch where he had back to back turnovers really pissed me off. I don't know why. I don't expect him to be perfect, but if he's going to be the shooting liability he is, he needs to be as close to it as possible IMO or just play JT if you're gonna turn it over.

Latest posts