MY TAKE ON THE NEBBY WIN

Wundershozen

This will be a semi-long post so if you don't like 2ldr-plz disregard.

I think that the Neb win was the best thing to happen to us today (outside of our win of course) and here is why:

a) it strengthened our schedule

b) we will have to EARN our our way to the playoffs/rose bowl (some on here wanted a morally defeated nebby; i will touch on that in a min)

c) we will most likely be the ones to deny them their bowl game on their home field

I agree with most of you that Nebby will be more amped to play us with a bowl game on the line. But isn't it better when the opponent isn't a pushover? Isn't the win that much more meaningful when you know it was for everything vs a heated rival and historic program? If we truly are the best we will win. We will be 12-0 playing for the playoffs/rose. If we are a top 4 team we will beat Ohio St/MSU/Mich. I truly feel that no one will have anything to say about how "weak" our schedule is after that. We will have earned it. On to the Goofers!

One more thing I thought of. If they had lost today and were eliminated from bowl contention they would have only had one thing to play for that would be to ruin our season. So they actually have some pressure to perform over having nothing to lose. Food for thought.

finishing off this miracle regular season in Lincoln will be icing on the cake ...

I think our last big fish is the 4* OL out of SD who has it down to Iowa and Nebraska

I would have rather had them lose. Don't want a bad team playing at home riding an emotional high with their season on the line. The game just got exponentially tougher.

They just beat an undefeated team ranked higher than us. Anyone who still thinks we'll just stroll into Lincoln and push them around is probably fooling themselves. Remember ESPN disingenuously using the word "conundrum" to describe us last week? Well, I'd argue that Nebraska is the true conundrum after this win. I still think we'll win though ;)

Last regular season game of the year, Senior Day, nationally televised, and a rivalry game there is no way in h*ll that Nebraska won't be up for this game.

They are a big play offense, it's all they got. Our defense makes you execute again and again, they can't do it. They are 4-6 because they suck, we will beat them.

Just saw the replay of the last touchdown. At what point did the MSU player force the Nebraska receiver out of bounds?

finishing off this miracle regular season in Lincoln will be icing on the cake ...

I think our last big fish is the 4* OL out of SD who has it down to Iowa and Nebraska
We don't need 4 star Ol..Just give me a couple of walkon Iowa farm boys with a mean streak and Doyle and KF can whip them into Outland trophy candidates..Honestly don't know how a kid that gets interest from Iowa on the Oline doesn't become an instant 3 or 4 star from recruiting services.

Last regular season game of the year, Senior Day, nationally televised, and a rivalry game there is no way in h*ll that Nebraska won't be up for this game.

Nationally televised, a rivalry game, probable Rose Bowl bid, and possible National Championship shot. There's no way we won't be, either. :cool:

Nationally televised, a rivalry game, probable Rose Bowl bid, and possible National Championship shot. There's no way we won't be, either. :cool:

I didn't mean to suggest that Iowa would not be pumped for this game. This topic has been focused on Nebraska, which is what I was responding too.

Last edited:
They are a big play offense, it's all they got. Our defense makes you execute again and again, they can't do it. They are 4-6 because they suck, we will beat them.

This. Armstrong is so erratic, sooooo inconsistent. He can literally be brilliant one play and garbage the next. Barring a rash of injuries the next 2 weeks the Iowa D will be fine. The Iowa O gets 20 or more points I think they win going away.

Just saw the replay of the last touchdown. At what point did the MSU player force the Nebraska receiver out of bounds?

Replay sucks, the official threw his hat and they huddled up and like the new State Farm commercial they didnt know what was going on so they decided oh well it was a TD. That DBack was just running against the sideline squeezing the receiver and there was no blatant shove or force out.

I wanted MSU to lose for some obvious reasons but still MSU had a chance to intercept and the on the TD the Dback fell down but at the same time the receiver ran out of bounds on their own to get open, dont SHAM the process by giving Nebby a TD.

Latest posts