My take on how this all shakes out

Iowa State to the Big Ten will not happen.....

However I think the ideal number for the Big Ten expansion is 14.....so adding three would be about right as it relates to additional money generated by those schools.

The current pie allows each school to take in just north of 20 million...adding three new schools would be mean there would need to be 60 million in additional revenue just to maintain the status quo for everyone's revenue stream to stay the same. We all know that schools will expect more money each year so they will need to come up with the money from a variety of sources....(increased advertising rates, increased cable subscription rates in new markets, FB championship game).

You can bank Nebraska and Missouri as being added to the B10, its a foregone conclusion.

Nebraska? Maybe. I think Mizzou is the school that is really in the dark here.

For the Big 10, they (MU) offer zero...absolutely jack ****...in the way of academics, which the Big 10 takes much pride (rightfully so).

If Mizzou is offered a spot at the Big 10 table, it would be a serious indictment on what the conference has stood for, and been extremely successful in doing so, for more than 100 years.

Sad, and Delaney knows it.

I'll take any wager that Nebraska and Missouri are B10 bound. Too many people aren't looking at the bigger picture. This is about money, nothing else. Rutgers will give the B10 the NY market and Missouri is the St. Louis market. The B10 will run from St. Louis to NY which is what they want.

I'll take any wager that Nebraska and Missouri are B10 bound. Too many people aren't looking at the bigger picture. This is about money, nothing else. Rutgers will give the B10 the NY market and Missouri is the St. Louis market. The B10 will run from St. Louis to NY which is what they want.

And south. The Big Ten will expand southward. Count on it.

And south. The Big Ten will expand southward. Count on it.

All those Sun Belt comments were interesting. However, I just don't see very many good fits in the Sun Belt. You either have isolated programs - Texas schools only; below B10 standard academics - OU, OKState; or programs that are afterthoughts in their home states - Vandy, GT.

Of course Vandy and GT are really strong universities in good population centers in the Sun Belt, but they would be like adding 2 Northwesterns. I mean didn't we learn something from the Orange Bowl? The team was league champion in a BCS bowl and they traveled like a high school team. And I spend a decent amount of time in Nashville and stay in a hotael directly adjacent to Vandy's athletics facilities. You see more people representing UT than Vandy, even in the downtown area around the university.

Now, if Vandy did end up joining the Big Ten I would be psyched as that would be relatively close for me to travel to games. But, I don't think the people of Tennessee would turn off the Vols to watch Vandy play Iowa.

If the Big 10 expands by at least 3 teams I think it is highly likely Nebraska and Missouri will be two of them. If the expansion is 5 teams, I would practically guarantee it.

Rutgers? I'm sorry, I just don't see it. I think people are overestimating them. They bring NOTHING to the Big 10. They are "Northwestern-lite". People in NY/NJ don't care about Rutgers. The money aspect in regards to Rutgers is overblown IMO. Sure....the Big 10 could make more money, but I am convinced any teams that are added won't be because of money alone...but it will be teams that "fit". Rutgers doesn't "fit".

I haven't understood why this PAC 10 expansion rumor is even being taken seriously. Why would Texas or Oklahoma go to the PAC 10? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

And while SEC expansion rumors aren't as common as some of the others, the idea that they would add a school from a mid major conference is rediculous. I live in the heart of SEC country, and the rumors are that Clemson would be there #1 choice. So I would look for the SEC, if they expand, to go for the best teams from the ACC, and then the ACC to take whatever is left in the Big East after the Big Ten expansion.

If the Big 10 expands by at least 3 teams I think it is highly likely Nebraska and Missouri will be two of them. If the expansion is 5 teams, I would practically guarantee it.

Rutgers? I'm sorry, I just don't see it. I think people are overestimating them. They bring NOTHING to the Big 10. They are "Northwestern-lite". People in NY/NJ don't care about Rutgers. The money aspect in regards to Rutgers is overblown IMO. Sure....the Big 10 could make more money, but I am convinced any teams that are added won't be because of money alone...but it will be teams that "fit". Rutgers doesn't "fit".

I disagree. Rutgers has upgraded their programs and facilities in recent years. Including them in the Big 10 would be a nice addition.

Of all the interminable threads on conference expansion this is the dumbest.

ISU to the B10??? Notre Dame to Big East or ACC???

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha*snort*hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa..............

I disagree. Rutgers has upgraded their programs and facilities in recent years. Including them in the Big 10 would be a nice addition.

They won't be able to compete with other Big 10 schools in men's BB or football. They will be perinneal (sp) cellar dwellers.

I respect your opinion, but IMO adding Rutgers would weaken the Big 10, not strengthen it. The Big 10 has the luxury of being able to pick and choose (to some extent). They don't have to "settle" for a Rutgers.