My short take (back home from Kinnick)

HaydenHawk56

-Championship level defense
-Championship level Punter
-Field Goal kicking...probably ok...even with the miss
-Offense looks worse than last year...and it probably is. Same play-calling only with less weapons in the skill positions and a starting QB...even with Manning Mensa Training.....looks like he needs to benched like yesterday.

I don't think I have ever seen 2 safeties in one game before.

No matter how good the defense is, 7 points is not going to cut it against future opponents....even the clowns next week. I'm starting Padilla if it were me, but we know nothing is going to change.

-Championship level defense
-Championship level Punter
-Field Goal kicking...probably ok...even with the miss
-Offense looks worse than last year...and it probably is. Same play-calling only with less weapons in the skill positions and a starting QB...even with Manning Mensa Training.....looks like he needs to benched like yesterday.

I don't think I have ever seen 2 safeties in one game before.

No matter how good the defense is, 7 points is not going to cut it against future opponents....even the clowns next week. I'm starting Padilla if it were me, but we know nothing is going to change.
I think this sums up exactly how I feel watching it from my couch.

just got home from work and I'm sure all's been said but the regression, slowness, mistake prone guy at QB has a serious condition because he can't handle the pressure. At this point you could take the best athlete on the team let him play an option and we would be a better offensive team. Kirk is seriously putting his legacy at risk with this charade of his son at OC. Petras is lost, even if he plays at a pro-level the rest of the season he can't make us forget the past. I am in total disbelief that Kirk is presiding over this and thinks it's a realistic way to continue. If Padilla or anyone isn't better than Petras why didn't Kirk try to pick up any QB in the portal.

Nepotism at its finest; no one with an ounce of objectivity would say Brian's offense is remotely close to being competitive.

I hope Phil never leaves but he needs to walk into Kirk’s office tomorrow and demand $5 million a year or he’s walking. He’s gotta be sick of saving Kirk’s ass

this is what I thought, how frustrating is it to him to not have a complimentary unit to work with.

But, then I thought, all the attention does go to him and his success is sticking out ant will continue to stick out. This can only help his value as a top coach. Maybe its a good thing for him on a personal level.

just got home from work and I'm sure all's been said but the regression, slowness, mistake prone guy at QB has a serious condition because he can't handle the pressure. At this point you could take the best athlete on the team let him play an option and we would be a better offensive team. Kirk is seriously putting his legacy at risk with this charade of his son at OC. Petras is lost, even if he plays at a pro-level the rest of the season he can't make us forget the past. I am in total disbelief that Kirk is presiding over this and thinks it's a realistic way to continue. If Padilla or anyone isn't better than Petras why didn't Kirk try to pick up any QB in the portal.

What are you thinking if you are Padilla or Labas? You know you are just as good at worst as the guy in front of you but you never get a chance.

Last edited:
Watched the whole game and to me, Petras has the same sort of problem that Baker Mayfield of the Carolina Panthers does...he locks onto one receiver only. On a lot plays Petras missed guys wide open (never even looked in their direction), I am guessing because they were not the first option. Helfrich, the color commentator, said it several times during the game as well. Unless he somehow overcomes this problem, expect more of the same.

Latest posts