My Questions From Today's Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
'I don't recall'

That's probably not going to go over very well.

Especially since Kirk is good for recalling about 1 bland recruiting/coaching story from the early 1980s in each of his press conferences.

Yet he doesn't recall if a comment so shockingly insensitive that 100% of public employees saying the same thing would be fired.

Last edited:
'I don't recall'

Especially since Kirk is good for recalling about 1 bland recruiting/coaching story from the early 1980s in each of his press conferences.

Yet he doesn't recall if a comment so shockingly insensitive being said that would get 100% of public employees getting fired if they said the same thing.
I would agree. This thing could get worse.

'I don't recall'

Yet he doesn't recall if a comment so shockingly insensitive that 100% of public employees saying the same thing would be fired.

Stop it. KF answered a question about an event that maybe occurred, if so, 12 years ago. He stated that he did not ever recall Doyle using the term “ghetto”. Seems pretty specific to me. But hey. Your speculation will probably carry more weight since it fits your narrative better.

'I don't recall'

Hayden Hawk, TK S.? Of course they liked it. Remember that if you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas.

Of course you think so. My question is, given your many posts, are you hoping that happens?
No, no way. This would be horrible for the football program. It already is horrible. We made ABC World News tonight. But, I could see more head rolling with the climate we are in right now. Pins and needles.

Stop it. KF answered a question about an event that maybe occurred, if so, 12 years ago. He stated that he did not ever recall Doyle using the term “ghetto”. Seems pretty specific to me. But hey. Your speculation will probably carry more weight since it fits your narrative better.
Huck, maybe Kirk Ferentz does not remember something like that. But, something so specific such as this. It does raise eyebrows when he says he can't remember. I really hope Kirk is telling the truth. I really do. The thing is, players could just as easily confirm this (if they heard it). Now, I'm not 100% clear if Kirk allegedly told him this in private or in front of the whole team (to apologize to Doyle). Seems like this could be cleared up pretty easily. But if Kirk is being less than truthful, it would not surprise me if that would come to light by other players when they catch wind of this interview. It would be highly unfortunate, but it could bring him down to. I would not wish to see Kirk Ferentz potentially go out like this, but in this politically charged environment, anything is possible. Not only would it tarnish his legacy, it could damage our program for quite some time. I don't want this to happen, but I don't see "King Kong" 2nd chances this time around (to be clear, I still believe that particular situation was way overblown and I'm glad to see Dolphin back in the booth).

Last edited:
Huck, maybe Kirk Ferentz does not remember something like that. But, something so specific such as this. It does raise eyebrows when he says he can't remember. I really hope Kirk is telling the truth. I really do. The thing is, players could just as easily confirm this (if they heard it). Now, I'm not 100% clear if Kirk allegedly told him this in private or in front of the whole team (to apologize to Doyle). Seems like this could be cleared up pretty easily. But if Kirk is being less than truthful, it would not surprise me if that would come to light by other players when they catch wind of this interview. It would be highly unfortunate, but it could bring him down to. I would not wish to see Kirk Ferentz potentially go out like this, but in this politically charged environment, anything is possible. Not only would it tarnish his legacy, it could damage our program for quite some time.
I certainly agree with Much of what you have said. I am a bit concerned that this criticism came from a player with only on year in the program, if I understand that correctly. I can’t jump to the conclusion at this point that KF is covering up. At the same time, if Doyle did make this statement, he is in trouble. One thing that has crossed my mind. Maybe through rose colored glasses. Could Doyle have had a close enough relationship with his players that he could have been teasing them? Sense of humor? Thought kids would get the irony? As a long time coach and teacher in the public schools, including Kennedy in CR for 7 years, I joked with kids all the time. Could I have said something unintentionally dumb back in the 80’s that brought to light today would seem inexcusable? I have no idea. I hope not. Thanks for your comments.

I certainly agree with Much of what you have said. I am a bit concerned that this criticism came from a player with only on year in the program, if I understand that correctly. I can’t jump to the conclusion at this point that KF is covering up. At the same time, if Doyle did make this statement, he is in trouble. One thing that has crossed my mind. Maybe through rose colored glasses. Could Doyle have had a close enough relationship with his players that he could have been teasing them? Sense of humor? Thought kids would get the irony? As a long time coach and teacher in the public schools, including Kennedy in CR for 7 years, I joked with kids all the time. Could I have said something unintentionally dumb back in the 80’s that brought to light today would seem inexcusable? I have no idea. I hope not. Thanks for your comments.
I would hope 200% you are right Huck. And that would be the unfortunate thing for Doyle. If it was any other time (not saying this is a good thing because of the racial stereotypes of his statements) but nothing would be said about Doyle if he was teasing them,etc....not necessarily hating them because they are black. And, I would pray to the high heavens that Kirk would not be capable of such a thing. I think he can certainly have his coaching xs and os imperfections, but by in large, this seems to be a man of great integrity. A genuine caring man. It would break a lot of hearts if he covered up (or maybe even a better way to describe it...enabled an environment like that) something like this. I'm giving Kirk Ferentz the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I think he has more than earned it.

Last edited:
A couple of times it seemed like Kirk was going to cry. Sorry Kirk...the tears won't help or save you with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts