My question of the week.....Would you sign up for a 12-1 season......

A victory over USC in the Rose Bowl would be unprecedented, so I would take it without reservation. Iowa has not won a Rose Bowl in a half century! Snapping Southern Cal’s current Big Ten winning streak would be a very special, added bonus, because USC beat Iowa in Iowa’s only previous BCS game. If this year’s BCS champion also had one loss, Iowa fans could argue forever that Iowa was as good. The great Hayden Fry never won the Rose Bowl. An Iowa Rose Bowl victory might provide a bit of redemption for Hayden, with one of his disciples winning the big game while coaching at Iowa. A Rose Bowl win would be career defining for Kirk Ferentz. Look what it did for Barry Alvarez at Wisconsin!

No going back and forth for me, I'd take my chances in the National Championship game!

It's completely hypothetically, I get that, but the Rose Bowl might not have USC in the game anyway. At the beginning of the year I'd say Rose Bowl, i THINK, but we're 8-0 with 3 of our last 4 at home.

that would include a Rose Bowl victory over USC OR

Would you take your chances in the National Championship game?

I go back and forth - 12-1 with a Rose Bowl championship over hated USC and a final #2 ranking would be a season for the ages, however.....

I'm of the thought that it's better to have had the opportunity and possibly fail (maybe even miserably) than to have never had the opportunity.

What say you, Hawkeyenation?

Hands down I want the shot..

Infact considering a loss is a loss, I would even consider taking a guaranteed NC loss over a guaranteed Rose Bowl win with a reg season loss and co B10 championship.

I am sorry to say, I think OSU will beat PSU, and Iowa. I think 11-1 will put us in the Capital One bowl. The natl media hates this conference.

wow...another great question....you guys are taking care of my morning show prep right now!

I think I would sign up for 12-1 and a Rose Bowl win over USC in hand, vs rolling the dice

Forget that Jon........i'd roll the dice - and let it ride!!!!

I seem to remember an Ohio State team a few years ago just barely winning most of their games then beating Miami to win it all. It would be great to win it all so my kids could see something a Hawkeye/Cubs/Vikings fan has never seen,(a championship season).Playing for the NC would also help with the recruiting! I say go big or go home!!!

Latest posts