My question of the week.....Would you sign up for a 12-1 season......

I'll take the NC game and roll the dice.......12-1 Rose Bowl Victory over USC would be a fall back!!!!

My rationale is Iowa has been to what, five rose bowl games ever? They haven't won since the 50's? I would take that in the hand because Iowa is going to win the national title next year :)

I doubt they win the NC next year.......cause Iowa has never done well with lofty pre-season expectations EVER!!!!

Now is the time - to seize the day and claim what every Hawk Fan has wanted for 30 years......a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP in Football!!!!

Last edited:
I get the point of the question and it's a good one, but I'd rather go 0-5 the rest of the way than to know the outcome before it happens. The destination will be fine, but I get more joy from the journey, win or lose.

We don't get chances like this often. Roll the dice. This is the dream season people have begged for for years. Gotta take advantage of it.

Even if our odds of actually winning the national championship game was 1 out of 100, It's still worth taking that chance! The chance alone may never come again in our life!

To me this is like getting down to the last two suitcases on Deal or No Deal.

The $750,000 and $1,000,000 cases are the only two remaining. The offer from the banker is $875,000.

Either way you win, why would you not play for the ultimate prize?

If Iowa loses the championship game, the worst case scenario is a team jumps them in the polls and they finish 3rd instead of 2nd in the final standings.

Play to win, not to finish 2nd.

National championship or bust. Who here has ever seen Iowa play for a national championship? Keep it close for a half and who knows what may happen. Could be one of the greatest Hawkeye moments ever.

I want it all. I'm willing to risk settling for 7-5 and the Alamo if the trade off is a chance to go all the way.

National championship or bust. Who here has ever seen Iowa play for a national championship? Keep it close for a half and who knows what may happen. Could be one of the greatest Hawkeye moments ever.

It would be THE greatest Hawkeye moment ever, hands down.

With the craziness of this year....I'd take a shot at going undefeated. Any other year....or at least at the start of this year I would have taken 12-1.

I would love to take the Rose Bowl win over USC just to hear the melt down from Rome and Cowerd. They may be at a loss for words, which would be a first. I also think that these questions are kind of goofy, but still fun to think about. GO HAWKS!

I would love to take the Rose Bowl win over USC just to hear the melt down from Rome and Cowerd. They may be at a loss for words, which would be a first. I also think that these questions are kind of goofy, but still fun to think about. GO HAWKS!
No Rome would make up something... like... oh USC didn't want to be there, they only wanted to play for a National Championship.

This is not even a question for me. I will take going for the NC. We will only get chances at a NC if we stay undefeated, so as long as it is a possibility I can not sell our chances. Even with a Rose Bowl victory over USC.

Gotta believe!!!!

NC

However if you made it a Rose Bowl win over USC or a blow out loss in the title game to Bama, I would go with the Rose Bowl win over USC.

I think a National Title Game appearance would do wonders for this program this year and beyond regarding recruiting and national exposure and acceptance. I will take 13-0 and national champs!!! Why can't that be an option???

Latest posts