My opinion of the Wisconsin coach is changing

Seth, the population of the state of Wisconsin is almost double that of Iowa and they only share it with Marquette. Plus Bo still comes to Iowa to steal recruits.

No, I never want to see that style of basketball at Iowa again.

Never again, Kelley.....

:rolleyes:

Always been a Bo fan for numerous reasons.

Look at Wisconsin's population. Once you get north of Milwaukee, or outside of Green Bay, it's zero. About as bad as Iowa. Except he wins despite that.

He's always give a hilariously straight-forward interview. Refreshing.

Never worse than 4th in B1G, although, never made it to Final Four. That makes him a notch higher than TD, who I always liked.

He wins with "slow" white guys for the most part.

Admit it, Iowa would take his ilk in a heartbeat.

One of the most ignorant things I have read here for a long time. A lot of those guys you highlight are 4* recruits with the exception of Brian Butch who was a McDonalds All-American. Steemsma, Carrot top, Nankivihl and others have had high grades, what is shows is how not having to force them into action right away, remember Butch redshirted, they develop into quality players.

Also, if you think they predominantly win with the slow guys, Jordan Taylor, Traevon Jackson, Alando Tucker, Devin Harris, Nigel Hayes and some others would beg to differ. When I look at what Bo recruits and how he runs his program it is pretty simple. He goes after a lot of top players at every position every year, but also has two or three offers to players below them as well. How often do you see Wisconsin forced into playing freshman, he has solid player retention and molds them into his system. Koening and Hayes are freshman that play, why, because they are good enough too, if they weren't they wouldn't. That is just how Bo Ryan runs his program, it is pretty simple really and to have a player like Dekker not start last season, probably wasn't easy for Dekker, but sometimes that what those guys really need.

I know one thing, Bo is a jerk and I really do not like him whatsoever, but I also am realistic enough to know the guy knows exactly what he is doing. I think Iowa has that guy with Fran, but Fran's start to the Iowa program was a little different than what Bo walked into after Dick Bennett. It is going to still take some time because Iowa isn't the most attractive place to be just like Wisconsin isn't.

Fran is doing work and getting guys like Dickerson/Hutton on the same day speaks to what he is doing. Fran will be just fine and I do think Iowa has a higher ceiling than Wisconsin given the overall history and we know history repeats itself.

all bo Ryan and tom Izzo do is win big games in March...they are going to be "mad"...EVERY year.

Izzo does, Ryan has not had a ton of success beyond getting out of the Sweet 16 historically. Not that is horrible, but he isn't in Izzo's category for March and I would say Belien is above him with March success.

Seth, the population of the state of Wisconsin is almost double that of Iowa and they only share it with Marquette. Plus Bo still comes to Iowa to steal recruits.

No, I never want to see that style of basketball at Iowa again.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/wis-m-baskbl-mtt.html

Guess I meant to say "basketball population" :cool:

Look at this year's roster.

#6 total from Wisky.

Deckker...and only Dekker (that I can see/remember) contributed a bunch to this year's team...and...is from Wisky.

That's some pretty slim in-state pickens.

I'll stand by my original post....Bo does great with not much in-state talent.

Bo whines, and so do all his players, but God damn if you notice when the game is on the line to either tie or go up, his team is cool as the under side of the pillow....it's aggravating as hell, but they are never rattled....

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/wis-m-baskbl-mtt.html

Guess I meant to say "basketball population" :cool:

Look at this year's roster.

#6 total from Wisky.

Deckker...and only Dekker (that I can see/remember) contributed a bunch to this year's team...and...is from Wisky.

That's some pretty slim in-state pickens.

I'll stand by my original post....Bo does great with not much in-state talent.

You do realize that kids out of Wisconsin end up in Marquette as well, plus guys like J.P. Tokoto leave? There is a lot more talent than you realize in the state. A hell of a lot more than the state of Iowa will ever have.

You do realize that kids out of Wisconsin end up in Marquette as well, plus guys like J.P. Tokoto leave? There is a lot more talent than you realize in the state. A hell of a lot more than the state of Iowa will ever have.

Yeah, Harrison Barnes, the 5th leading scorer in basketball history (Doug McDermott) and one of the most dynamic point guards in college basketball (Marcus Paige) are chumps....

Yeah, Harrison Barnes, the 5th leading scorer in basketball history (Doug McDermott) and one of the most dynamic point guards in college basketball (Marcus Paige) are chumps....

Yeah, because those guys represent the typical prospects that come from Iowa. Wisconsin has a deeper talent pool than Iowa. That's not news.

You forgot Settles, LaFrentz, Hinrich, Oliver, Honer, Bunner, Davis as well...you see the gap though, or do you still not get it?
Iowa turns out more guys like Klay Edwards/Zach McCabe than Marcus Paige/Harrison Barnes.

Bo (&team) got it done again. Beat Arizona for Bo's first final 4. He is a great coach, of that their is little doubt. Question's still out on Fran, but I'm all in with Fran at this point.

Hard not to feel for Bo there at the end as he was getting choked up talking about losing his dad. Cool moment regardless of who you root for

I'm coming to this conclusion, too. No Iowa fan I've ever met could stay on Bo's jock for this long.

Sorry pal, I'm an Iowa grad. Business degree, spent 90% of my time at Pappajohn Building and ate enough Pokey Stix and Vine wings to feed a village.

I'm talking about a game that 90% of B1G fans are also commenting on.

Sorry pal, I'm an Iowa grad. Business degree, spent 90% of my time at Pappajohn Building and ate enough Pokey Stix and Vine wings to feed a village.

No, you're spending a lot more time discussing Bo's body of work and how great he is, not just one game.

Every one of your posts for the last few days is drooling all over Bo and his Ryan. If any of the above is true, which it isn't, you are the biggest wiscy whore the U of I has ever graduated.

Good for Bo, good for Wisky and good for the B1G.

Can't we B1G brethren just get along with the good news?

Latest posts