My opinion of the Wisconsin coach is changing

He thrived for years in a down conference. Last year he got lucky with miracle shot after miracle shot. This year he got lucky with Kaminsky coming out of nowhere. Ryan has a horse shoe up his *** and I'm pretty sure he likes it there.

Yet he still did it last year with so many great teams and this year with so many good teams. At some point despite being a rival you gotta tip your cap.

Article was from Denver post which I read while enjoying an ale on an off day near the Sports Column in Denver, same bar in IC. And I'm definitely a Hawk. But I'd be happy to drop any Iowa City/University of Iowa knowledge you'd like if you need an affirmation?

BTW, i am very jealous of what Bo's does every year at Wisky. I hope he retires soon!

That being said, i actually think that is what Lickliter tried to emulate at Iowa, and probably wasn't a bad course of action, it just all went wrong and he couldn't keep his players.

Fran has a vastly different style, likes to run obviously. FINE, but he is also finding out if you want to do that you need to have MUCH better athletes than what we currently have and who he has been bringing in.

Wish their was a middle ground somewhere, which is probably what would work best at Iowa.

Yet he still did it last year with so many great teams and this year with so many good teams. At some point despite being a rival you gotta tip your cap.

Article was from Denver post which I read while enjoying an ale on an off day near the Sports Column in Denver, same bar in IC. And I'm definitely a Hawk. But I'd be happy to drop any Iowa City/University of Iowa knowledge you'd like if you need an affirmation?

Fran would have done it last year if we would have thrown in half courters and 3's that bounced around 3 times before they went in. Admit it, he's more lucky than good. I'm not saying he sucks. I'm saying he sucks ***.

Fran would have done it last year if we would have thrown in half courters and 3's that bounced around 3 times before they went in. Admit it, he's more lucky than good. I'm not saying he sucks. I'm saying he sucks ***.
At some point it's no longer luck but is skill. anyways you make you're own luck.

Didn't like that either but in retrospect most coaches would have done the exact same thing.

There's no doubt this guy can coach and he's surprised me that he's flexible enough to open up his style with the right players. Doesn't look like a typical "Wisconsin" team other than they've always been fundamental

Most coaches would not have set all the limits that Bo did. I hate to open this can of worms again. Been debated enough.

He's a very good coach….but I still hate the dude.

This. Bo is a great coach, I think few would argue otherwise; I just can't stand him. After this summer, I will go back to hating all things Wisconsin; friend of mine pitches for the Badgers' softball team, but she graduates this year. I'm looking forward to the day I can stop reserving some good will for anything with the Wisconsin logo associated with it.

I know Minnesota and Iowa State are supposed to be rivals, but there is no school I hate more than Wisconsin.

Bo has an uncanny ability to recruit and develop skilled big guys. It his calling card. I'm always envious of Wisconsin bigs. They are never super-athletic, but always very skilled. They can make jumpers for floor spacing, have fundamental post moves, and rebound.

It really is incredible. Mike Wilkinson, Jon Leur, Brian Butch, Frank Kaminiski. I'm sure there are a few others. Then he always seems to have an all-big 10 lead guard, Devin Harris, Kammron Taylor, Trevon Hughes, Jordan Taylor, now Jackson.

Bo has an uncanny ability to recruit and develop skilled big guys. It his calling card. I'm always envious of Wisconsin bigs. They are never super-athletic, but always very skilled. They can make jumpers for floor spacing, have fundamental post moves, and rebound.

It really is incredible. Mike Wilkinson, Jon Leur, Brian Butch, Frank Kaminiski. I'm sure there are a few others. Then he always seems to have an all-big 10 lead guard, Devin Harris, Kammron Taylor, Trevon Hughes, Jordan Taylor, now Jackson.

Jackson is nowhere near the caliber as those other guards.

Not a fan of Bo Ryan or Wisconsin. I root against Wisconsin no matter the circumstances and will continue to do so unless it directly impacts Iowa positively.

That being said, that guy just gets it done. 6 weeks ago, Wisconsin's season was teetering on disaster. Now they're one win from the Final 4. Pretty impressive and pretty jealous they have that kind of program.

My girlfriend and her family known Bo personally and are big Badger fans. They said he's one of the most down to earth, nicest guys you'll ever meet.

My girlfriend and her family known Bo personally and are big Badger fans. They said he's one of the most down to earth, nicest guys you'll ever meet.

I met him at a coaching clinic once. He sat and told stories afterward, well into the night. He was a likable guy.

But I still hate seeing him on the Wiscy bench making those contorted facial gestures.

I still dislike Bo but I respect him as a basketball coach. I knew Wisconsin would be dangerous in the tournament this year as this team can actually score.

Always been a Bo fan for numerous reasons.

Look at Wisconsin's population. Once you get north of Milwaukee, or outside of Green Bay, it's zero. About as bad as Iowa. Except he wins despite that.

He's always give a hilariously straight-forward interview. Refreshing.

Never worse than 4th in B1G, although, never made it to Final Four. That makes him a notch higher than TD, who I always liked.

He wins with "slow" white guys for the most part.

Admit it, Iowa would take his ilk in a heartbeat.

Seth, the population of the state of Wisconsin is almost double that of Iowa and they only share it with Marquette. Plus Bo still comes to Iowa to steal recruits.

No, I never want to see that style of basketball at Iowa again.

Latest posts