My level of optimism dropped after Saturday

The easy schedule was talked about a lot last year. The reality is that it really only results in 1 extra victory. An easy schedule can turn a 6-6 team into a 7-5 team, but does not turn it into a 11-2 team.

Or two extra victories if Iowa could of beat a 2-10 iSu squad who went winless in conference and got blown out by NDSU

Or two extra victories if Iowa could of beat a 2-10 iSu squad who went winless in conference and got blown out by NDSU

Or hold on to 10+ point leads (as much as 17 point lead) against isu, md, and nebby...

In ALL three cases we completely went away from what was working on offense and went in "safe" mode. How different would a 10 win season have felt. Hell, I would have gladly traded a Ball State loss to have hung on against those 3 games...the ones we had a 10, 14, and 17 point Lead. Still ****** about nebby.

Another thought, we likely would have gotten a far better bowl matchup us 8-9 wins. It may not have mattered as poor as we looked, but TN was Wayyy better than their record.

Ugh.

Or hold on to 10+ point leads (as much as 17 point lead) against isu, md, and nebby...

In ALL three cases we completely went away from what was working on offense and went in "safe" mode. How different would a 10 win season have felt. Hell, I would have gladly traded a Ball State loss to have hung on against those 3 games...the ones we had a 10, 14, and 17 point Lead. Still ****** about nebby.

Another thought, we likely would have gotten a far better bowl matchup us 8-9 wins. It may not have mattered as poor as we looked, but TN was Wayyy better than their record.

Ugh.

No, they were not....Iowa was a favorable matchup, d*mn near ideal.

trj....we just plain and simply ****** that game down our legs......embarrasing

I don't think Tennessee was great of all the bowl eligible BIG teams to play I think you pick Iowa. Given what Tennessee did well offensively and the play of the Iowa back 7 + Meier, you pick a iowa match up.

I have the luxury of being pessimistic. Good thing the coaches and players don't. They're all in.

and I wish them well.

I didn't see the spring scrimmage and I didn't listen to it on the radio. My optimism increased by 8% after Saturday.

AR-150429748.jpg&MaxW=995&MaxH=500
This picture is very sad. It is all you have to see about Iowa Football to know it is in sad shape.

Start f##king playing a real spring football game. Play the best players. Sixty dollars a game, donations, gas money and time to get to the game and if I see running backs make great runs and then hardly run again in a game I will totally give up on a coach I once admired.

Meanwhile, other B1G teams are getting 50k to 100k fans at their respective spring (games).

The fun and excitement are out of Iowa football, plain and simple.

KF cant play a real spring game for some reason, we could have had more of wadley last year even if he fumbled once in awhile, Willies enug said and I dont care if he missed a couple of hot reads, what is going on here.

It is almost like the program is not supposed to excel but to be avg. Maybe I threw away another $700 bucks on a ticket this year.

I like this team and several of the position changes that were made are helping out. Coach Parker is doing a magnificent job with the defense this spring. All positions have stepped up, and made plays Saturday. The best teams start with a strong defense like this. It has been a long time since I saw a defense have a spring such as this.
.....so, you're thinking 2009 kind of defense? That's reassuring. A top 10 NCAA defensive ranking is exactly what KF needs. I'm gonna hold you to that comment. Hope it works out for us.

softer than usual? Iowa does avoid some big name schools. If FCS schools have Iowa shaking in it's boots...that's a problem. I don't care if they're a runner up or FCS champs. A school like Iowa with it's resources should win those games.

Michigan, when it was still Michigan, lost at home to an FCS team. Indiana State is a team of similar caliber, and we ain't no Michigan of 10 years ago. That's not even close to a gimme game.

Michigan, when it was still Michigan, lost at home to an FCS team. Indiana State is a team of similar caliber, and we ain't no Michigan of 10 years ago. That's not even close to a gimme game.

Oh I know it happens and no game coached by Kirk is a gimme as he always lets teams hang around. I just still expect to win those games and not say the schedule is really hard cause Iowa played a decent FCS team.

Yes, both the 2009 and this defense has new tackles, experience everywhere else. Both have an All American caliber corner and end. Both defenses turn the previous years close losses into close wins. I am looking forward to some slobberknockers this year.

This OLine is very, very bad. Lazy recruiting leads to only having 2/5 starting guys having other B-10 options. In one of the videos, Boone M. our Left OT gets schooled on a little twist between Terlouw and Nelson. Yikes, when he actually faces scholarship athletes who have had more than one year in a big-ten program.

None of the OL will get drafted, and this includes Blythe. The interior OL is still going to be dominated (again) by larger DTs, and the OTs cannot get their hands on fast guys, and cannot anchor against strong guys...that's probably why they were walk-ons.

CJB will not finish the year-that's my prediction...the record will be typical, though. Guarantee a bad loss or two and staying close in a couple games Iowa was supposed to lose by double digits. 6-6?

Latest posts