My gut says we get two new commits w/in the week

If these are football recruits then yes, I could see it but if these are basketball recruits...NO WAY! We will be lucky to Josh Oglesby now, might have offered too late.

Saw on the ESPNU ticker the other day that Justice Hayes is going to announce soon,and they listed Iowa first....are we still in the mix for Hayes?

I think we're still in the running, but we're probably listed first because we're first alphabetically (over the Michigan schools, Northwestern, and Notre Dame)

Hayes is very doubtful. If you are really hoping to get two commits this week you better hope the Woodland Hills duo (Jefferson/Price) pick Iowa over Pitt and OSU respectively. Jack Allen also might jump a board at any time hard to gauge when he'll make a decision.

Rumor is Ed Davis has moved up his announcement date to Aug 4 or something like that. Melvin is going to wait a while. Torrey is visiting Boston this week with his family probably won't decide this week.

Hayes set a news conference for the 30th to say where he is going. Espn said the Tenn and ND are in the lead. I hope we can pull it out!

I just read last night or today Gordon is saving IA for his last visit. Most IA fans (as you'd expect) think that's a great thing, implying IA has always been in the lead and he's basically comparing everyone else to the Hawks. Can't say I necessarily disagree w/ that logic, but can't say I support it w/ 100% certainty, either.

How do hawkeye fans in the know feel about their chances with Jameel Poteat? I have read on espn that he is expected to announce today.

How do hawkeye fans in the know feel about their chances with Jameel Poteat? I have read on espn that he is expected to announce today.

He will not be a Hawkeye ... of course, I'm not in the "know" either. The key fact is this ... he hasn't visited Iowa. Ergo ... he will not choose Iowa.

I think next year will be a huge recruiting year for Iowa basketball. With the new basketball complex being completed or close to it, and with Coach M having a year under his belt....things will get exciting!!

He will not be a Hawkeye ... of course, I'm not in the "know" either. The key fact is this ... he hasn't visited Iowa. Ergo ... he will not choose Iowa.

I see your reasoning.

General Premise: Players who plan on committing to a university visit that university.

Particular Premise: Poteat has not visited Iowa.

Conclusion: Ergo, (yes, I know that is a tautology) Poteat will not commit to Iowa.

Your reasoning is valid. The only hope Iowa would have is if one of your premises were false, which would lead to an argument that is not sound. Unfortunately, as usual, I am pretty confident you are right.

I see your reasoning.

General Premise: Players who plan on committing to a university visit that university.

Particular Premise: Poteat has not visited Iowa.

Conclusion: Ergo, (yes, I know that is a tautology) Poteat will not commit to Iowa.

Your reasoning is valid. The only hope Iowa would have is if one of your premises were false, which would lead to an argument that is not sound. Unfortunately, as usual, I am pretty confident you are right.

LOL! Thanks for breaking down my logic for the rest of the folks on the board!

But yeah, that was precisely my logic.

Heck, I'm probably wrong on this, but I'm under the impression now that Ferentz doesn't even accept verbals these days until a guy has visited. Furthermore, the coaches seem to place a huge emphasis on having the big-name guys take their official visit to IC too. Ferentz essentially pulled us out of the Seantrel Henderson sweepstakes when the Henderson clan decided that Iowa would not receive an official visit.

I believe Iowa is better off for having gotten out of this. The one all world recruit I remember signing with Iowa never made it to campus. Ahh, Kyle Williams, I wonder if you ever stopped beating your girlfriend?

I believe Iowa is better off for having gotten out of this. The one all world recruit I remember signing with Iowa never made it to campus. Ahh, Kyle Williams, I wonder if you ever stopped beating your girlfriend?

What does he have to do with anything.

post hoc, ergo propter hoc or or more appropriately cum hoc, ergo propter hoc

LOL! I'm a physicist darn it ... why can't folks just type Greek symbols ... I'm much more comfortable with that. Otherwise, I tend to prefer to keep my Latin to phrases like "a priori" or "a posteriori."

And, for the record, QED will always stand for quantum electrodynamics to me ....

Latest posts