my god, where did this season go???

IowaHOCKS23

Here we are, just a few days until the last game of the season. Whether you hate KF, GD, JR or love them etc, we have ONE game left.

Then we have 3-5 bye weeks and a final game, a bowl game.

This season went by way too fast :-(

Getting old sucks gents..

It went by fast including two stinking by weeks although the players may like a bye week.

But where did the season go. It almost went down the toilet against ball state especially taking into account the basic toilet flush of the ISU game.

Hey there have been some good spots, 2nd half of Pitt Game, Purdue game, NW, Indiana, the Wisky game was good.

But not a lot of VCR/DVR moments especially considering we have hamilton, duzey, T Smith, had Willies, KMM, etc etc.

The defense was decent but they couldnt force turnovers and stops like the 3 Lbkrs last year.

This season will forever stick in Hawkeye fans' minds as "what if?".

What if CJ were our QB.
What if the offensive play calls were the same all season like they were in second half of Wisconsin.
etc.

This was a season of wasted opportunities.

Where has all of the 2000's went? One minute we worrying about y2k and now it is almost 2015. Gone by really fast. Kids born in the late 90's are graduating high school which seems like yesterday. Hayden to these kids is what Forest Ev is to me a great Iowa coach I read about in a book..... Now it would be online, but the point remains the same.

Peoples memories are funny. Fans who say the season went fast are really saying that they do not remember much about the season.

That probably explains many of the comments after the Wiscy game wondering where the offense was all season and why does the offense always start out conservative in games. Yet the team actually started fast in games against Indy, MD, and NW. Scoring over 30 points in the first half against both Indy and NW. But fans dont seem to remember that.

Peoples memories are funny. Fans who say the season went fast are really saying that they do not remember much about the season. That probably explains many of the comments after the Wiscy game wondering where the offense was all season and why does the offense always start out conservative in games. Yet the team actually started fast in games against Indy, MD, and NW. Scoring over 30 points in the first half against both Indy and NW. But fans dont seem to remember that.
Maybe they tend to remember games better when they're against quality opponents rather than crappy ones. By that reasoning, we've only really played one game this entire season.

Regardless of how the season plays out, in my opinion its always the same. Weeks drag from game to game and suddenly you find yourself at the last week of the regular season. The weeks drag, but there never seems to be enough college football weekends.

I'll tell you where it went.
toilet-flush-cat-o.gif

Regardless of how the season plays out, in my opinion its always the same. Weeks drag from game to game and suddenly you find yourself at the last week of the regular season. The weeks drag, but there never seems to be enough college football weekends.

Sounds about right. Bball will pass the same way and we'll be left pining for the Masters by 3/15. ouch.

This is the truth....I love these college games, and especially Big Ten games, and many seem to be played simultaneously, which means you see or attend the Iowa game and never see some other great games. Hawks have been so up and down this year, never know what is coming.
But, I never miss a single one, and it is still somewhat the suspension of time for 3 hours....just Hawks.

Last year, I thought we won all the games where we were not at a big talent disparity....cept for NIU....I could handle last years losses a bit better.
This year will always be the one where I truly think all our losses were to teams that we matched up with....not good.
Next year's schedule is just the flipped version of this years, so we had a two year window to reach Indy....time to go!

Here we are, just a few days until the last game of the season. Whether you hate KF, GD, JR or love them etc, we have ONE game left.

Then we have 3-5 bye weeks and a final game, a bowl game.

This season went by way too fast :-(

Getting old sucks gents..

It went in the toilet with the loss at home to ISU. The season ended for me that day.

When guys are on campus for 2-3-4 years- why does it seem the season is over before they know what they are doing?? Other good teams are ready after one or two games and some play great from first game

Another season, another 1000 cuts to heal from. Off seasons used to be filled with anticipation for the next August. Now they're mostly a period to commiserate and filled with anxiety as we mentally prepare for the next round of 1000 cuts to be inflicted by der KirkFer and that G.d.G.D.

Those 8 months go by so quickly, anymore. Chin up, only 5000 more cuts to go before 2020 is here.:eek:;)

it wus just yesterdee that they come out with unleaded gas and touch tone phones.

This season went by fast as I kept waiting for the offense to arrive and stick around. The hawks O played hide and seek this year, mostly hide. Damn. I sure hope they can show up one last time this year.

I just don't think this team realizes what it takes to game up and play well. They have to have their *** on fire. The urgency and intensity isn't there consistently.

Latest posts