My Big Ten & Iowa Bowl Projections for 11-13

The best road record in the Big Ten is 2-1 shared by Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Iowa, Michigan and Northwestern. Any team can lose on the road. Consider the following road games yet to be played.

tOSU @ IA
WI @ MI
MSU @ PSU
MI @ tOSU
NW @ WI

Since none of these teams has made it through 3 road games undefeated I suspect many if not all will lose the listed road games. It is possible things could end like this...my prediction is it will end like this.

Michigan State 10-2 (6-2)
Wisconsin 10-2 (6-2)
Iowa 9-3 (6-2) - Seniors win their last game in Kinnick
tOSU 9-3 (6-2)
PSU 8-4 (5-3)
MI 8-4 (4-4)
NW 7-5 (3-5)

Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl. Wisconsin goes to a BCS bowl. Iowa, Penn State and Michigan go to Florida...in the order listed just because I want to put tOSU in the Insight not because this is what really happens!

If Wisconsin and Michigan State win their last 2 they go to the BCS. Iowa and Ohio State get the Capital One and Outback...not necessarily in this order...by rule because they finish 2 wins ahead of Penn State and Michigan.

If Wisconsin wins out and the other 4 lose it will get real messy. Wisconsin goes to the Rose. I can't imagine the BCS wanting MSU...don't travel well. Ohio State may get a BCS bid at 9-3. It will get real messy if only 1 team makes the BCS.

Hawks just need to take care of business the next two weekends, and if Wisky wins out, Msu wins out, we hang the bucks second loss on them, we will be surprized at the bowl destination; not sure if a win against the bucks will take away the sting of a very disapointing season, and for the same reason, not sure if Hawk fans will travel real well this year. We've decided to put the bowl money in other places instead of going.

With 8 bowl-eligible teams in the Big Ten this year and 7 automatic bowls for B10 teams, wiscy and osu will most likely be the 2 bsc teams even tho msu beat wiscy. with that in mind, msu gets cap one, iowa gets outbback, psu gets gator, mich to insight because of the match up that plays well with a b12 team in that game. There is no way Northwestern or Illinios go to a higher bowl than Iowa because their fans wont go to a game the way Hawk fans do.

I agree that it is still too early to be picking out where the hawks will play their bowl game this year, but IMO to go from talking about potentially going to a national championship game to the same bowl game that IOWA STATE went to last year is a great disappointment. It is mind-numbing to think that last year we made it to a BCS bowl game, and won convincingly, to this year possibly going to the Insight.com bowl with most of our team coming back. I am at a loss for words.

Nice first post loser ;)

Latest posts