My Big Ten & Iowa Bowl Projections for 11-13

Iowa would have to beat TOSU, which has only happened 4 or 5 times since 1980, so I won't hold my breath.

I envision the Insight bowl committee licking their chops over a possible visit from Iowa but I don't think they will get the normal following this year. Not many people are going to drop that kind of coin to travel to AZ from IA to watch the Insight Bowl. It's too bad too. The seniors deserved a better ending to this book.

the seniors who are supposed to be our leaders made their own bed. They land where ever their season takes them. I too have projected the gtor or insight, even before jon came out with this, based on yesterday games. I think everyone now no longers sees iowa beating OSU. Does anyone care? do our coaches players even care now?

The last two weeks said a lot about our senior leadership. it doesn't exist. So they get what they deserve.

Well, to be selfish, I wouldn't mind the Insight Bowl. But, for a program prospective, I wouldn't mind the Gator or Outback.

Keep the Hawks out of Arizona. They don't play well there. However i am okay with the gator. I see now there is a strong possibility of the outback with the right teams winning. So now we need MSu to beat PSU? That will probably happen.

Some quick info on the insight;

"The Insight Bowl is bigger and better this year with the third pick from the Big 12 Conference and the third or fourth pick from the Big Ten Conference, after the BCS selections. Annually held at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, the Insight Bowl will be televised on ESPN."

From the Insight bowl site.

My friend Ryan Suchomel of the Iowa City Press Citizen checked with the Big Ten and learned that there is a two-win rule for the Cap One and Outback, but NOT for the Gator or others.. Meaning the Cap One and Outback CANNOT take a team that has two fewer Big Ten wins over another team, but the Gator can

So Jon are you saying the Cap One is completely out of the question?

We can still get to the Capital One. We need MSU and Wisconsin to win out, thereby both getting into the BCS. We need to win out of course. And if Ohio State loses a rivalry game to an improving Michigan team, then I think we're headed to Orlando. Possibly to play Alabama. We have ALOT to play for! Don't give up on this season!!

We can still get to the Capital One. We need MSU and Wisconsin to win out, thereby both getting into the BCS. We need to win out of course. And if Ohio State loses a rivalry game to an improving Michigan team, then I think we're headed to Orlando. Possibly to play Alabama. We have ALOT to play for! Don't give up on this season!!

You are correct that there is still a lot to play for: the #1 goal entering every season is to win the Big Ten title,and that is still a possibility.
So, no rooting for MSU and Wisky to win out...screw that,we need them both to drop a game,at PSU and at Michigan(a real possibility) and for Iowa to win out,and get a share of the Big Ten title with OSU,MSU,Wis.

I do not give a crap where we bowl,as long as we win the Big Ten title.

Do not give up on this team,they can turn right around and win the next two weeks and get two trophies up in Minny...Floyd and Big Ten Title.

the seniors who are supposed to be our leaders made their own bed. They land where ever their season takes them. I too have projected the gtor or insight, even before jon came out with this, based on yesterday games. I think everyone now no longers sees iowa beating OSU. Does anyone care? do our coaches players even care now?

The last two weeks said a lot about our senior leadership. it doesn't exist. So they get what they deserve.

completely agree with this perspective. We have had games which hinged on leadership--someone taking control. Unfortunately, it has not been our seniors who have done so. We will go into this bowl season taking what we deserve...which in the scheme of things is not a whole lot. Reflect on Stanzi taking sacks in the AZ game, to Wisconsin flat out beating our coaching staff, to the hated Fitzgerald owning us once again because they knew what to expect from us and how to execute against us. We are getting what we deserve.

I don't care where they end up, I just don't see people paying $$ to go watch Iowa play in the Insight.com bowl. Isn't that the bowl ISU was in last year??? the only thing is there will be a lot of Snow birds out that way, so they might get a few of them to come to the game.

I just don't see us beating OSU, no way in hell, they are too good! So I am guessing a Gator or Insight is all we are getting.

If it's insight bowl...Iowa will sell a bunch of tickets (because of the snow birds) but I don't see alot of people going...A bunch of people I know all said that they don't have the cash to justify a trip this year...I knew at least 5 that were like "IF we could get to Pasadena or even New Orleans for a BCS game...we would probably have to find the money. But not for some second rate bowl"
^that is what I fear most of the traveling fan base will say.

I agree that it is still too early to be picking out where the hawks will play their bowl game this year, but IMO to go from talking about potentially going to a national championship game to the same bowl game that IOWA STATE went to last year is a great disappointment. It is mind-numbing to think that last year we made it to a BCS bowl game, and won convincingly, to this year possibly going to the Insight.com bowl with most of our team coming back. I am at a loss for words.

I don't care where they end up, I just don't see people paying $$ to go watch Iowa play in the Insight.com bowl. Isn't that the bowl ISU was in last year??? the only thing is there will be a lot of Snow birds out that way, so they might get a few of them to come to the game.

I just don't see us beating OSU, no way in hell, they are too good! So I am guessing a Gator or Insight is all we are getting.

I understand that when you play bad games against bad teams some people have temper tantrums and cry and moan. We've played like crap the last couple of games, no doubt about that.

We also played a bad game against Wisconsin. If we had turned our heads and noticed the fake punt we would have won. Instead we lost by one point. ONE point...to a team the kicked the living hell out of Ohio State. Please tell me why there's "No way in hell" that we could beat Ohio State. Last year we took them to overtime with our backup qb who was starting his first EVER game AT Ohio State and this year played a hell of a lot better against Wisconsin.

What makes you so sure that we can't win at home? :confused:

My friend Ryan Suchomel of the Iowa City Press Citizen checked with the Big Ten and learned that there is a two-win rule for the Cap One and Outback, but NOT for the Gator or others.. Meaning the Cap One and Outback CANNOT take a team that has two fewer Big Ten wins over another team, but the Gator can

According to Adam Rittenberg's blog last year it is overall record.

Big Ten bowl selection tidbits - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

Big Ten records don't matter: The bowls only need to consider overall records when determining selections. This could come into play if Michigan wins one of its last two games to finish 6-6 overall but 2-6 in Big Ten play. Michigan could be selected before a 7-5 team regardless of the other team's Big Ten record as long as there is another Big Ten bowl tie-in spot available. I'll get into this more during Wednesday's Rooting Interest feature, but the other teams in bowl contention (Northwestern, Michigan State, Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois, Indiana) should be rooting for Michigan to lose because they could get jumped.

According to Adam Rittenberg's blog last year it is overall record.

After doing some more digging, you are correct in that it is overall record.

if Iowa wins its next two games, it's likely Iowa would fall no lower than the Outback.

I think that Michigan will lose its last two games to finish at 7-5. Penn State is 6-4 right now. They will beat Indiana to get to 7-4. If they beat MSU and get to 8-4, they could affect Iowa's selection for the Outback. If MSU beats them, MSU probably finishes 11-1 and ensures a 2nd BCS bid for the Big Ten, putting PSU two back of Iowa in the win column, which means Iowa would not go below the Outback, as the Cap One would choose between Iowa and Ohio State, with the team not chosen going to the Outback.

If the Insight takes the #3 Big 12 team there is a chance Nebraska could go there (lose this week and in the Big 12 Title game). Unlikely but possible. I think Iowa Fans would travel for that opponent even though we get to face them next year. It would be a sneak preview.

Wow what a bummer--- I guess the Quiji board was right after all.

for some, or i guess most of you may not know--- I posted a comment in a thread (sorry can't remember which one--for those that may remember what thread was it?? ) but i went to a halloween party and played Quiji for the first time ever (always thought it was dumb) well, that was the day we put the spank down on sparty and i was feeling good and had some extra hawkeye juice in me so i figured why not, i asked what bowl game would Iowa go to and it spelled out Gator Bowl...... i was grossed out and told Quiji to phuck off and that the game was a sparce--the gal i was playing with was i guess a big ole believer and she just smiled and said, it's ok, she knows what she says.....

Well Quiji your a ******! and i'm a ****** for playing the game and i hope i didn't jinx the hawkeyes and hawkeye nation!!

It's Outback or Cap, this team is finishing 9-3. Don't get too caught up with the could of would of should of for this team and miss out on a big Hawkeye victory this Saturday!

Latest posts