My 2018 W-L Prediction thread

If we only win 6 next year, this board will explode.

Does BF survive another 6-6 season? Does FKF?

Kirk does, but if the offense isn't markedly better, Brian will take massive heat, and KF by extension. That said, barring something crazy bad (7+ losses), I can't see a change at OC.

Kirk isn't going anywhere for a few year, unless things get "5 wins or fewer in consecutive years" bad.

I'm hoping for an improved Oline, a solid Dline, stop gap play from LB, better offense, a minimized step back on defense, and better punting. 8-9 wins...

We'll see.

N. IL W
Iowa St. W
No. Iowa W
Wisconsin L
@Minnesota W
@Indiana W
Maryland W
@PSU L
@Purdue W
NW W
@ILL W
Nebraska W

I really see us going 10-2 with the possible swap of one of the games I listed as a W being a L, and one of the L's being a W. I think Wisconsin at home is more likely than Penn State on the road. You people predicting 6-6 are being overly pessimistic in my opinion. This team has a lot of young talent. I also don't think the offense can be any worse (of course, I also felt that way this past season so who knows).
If we go 10-2 with the lack of talent we have at the wideout position and 3 new starting linebackers Ferentz would deserve national coach of the year

this season was depressing, I expect better next year. 8 regular season wins and no losses to conference teams we should beat. The purdue and NW losses were inexcusable.

this season was depressing, I expect better next year. 8 regular season wins and no losses to conference teams we should beat. The purdue and NW losses were inexcusable.

Purdue at home on Senior day and the performance vs. Wisky was inexcusable, but while I believe we should have beaten NW, they were a 10 win squad, I don't know if a lose to a 9 win P5 school can be inexcusable.

The season absolutely was frustrating, confusing though.

It's strange, but wins vs. PU, NW, and losses to ISU, OSU would have resulted to the same record, but would have seemed "standard"... just as frustrating...but for completely different reasons. Oddly, would have resulted in possibly a better bowl destination.

Still wonder if a tipped pass vs. PSU changes things.

The West, goes through Madison. Period. We could have when 11-1 This year and not won the West.

Go Hawks.

Here's my optimistic prediction:

N. IL W
Iowa St. W
No. Iowa W
Wisconsin W
@ Minnesota W
@ Indiana L
Maryland W
@ PSU L
@ Purdue L
NW W
@ ILL W
Nebraska W

9-3 (6-3)

Might be a tie for the Big Ten West with 2-3 teams at 6-3 in the conference.

2019 - (17-18 returning starters)
Miami - W
Rutgers - W
@ISU - W
Mid Tenn - W
@ Michigan - L
Penn St - W
Purdue - W
@ NW - W
@ Wisc - W
Minnesota - W
Illinois - W
@ Neb - W

BTCG - Mich - W

12-1 (8-1)

Rose Bowl - Washington - W

Kirk Ferentz retires and Iowa hires Brian Ferentz as head coach.

Last edited:
Here's my optimistic prediction:

N. IL W
Iowa St. W
No. Iowa W
Wisconsin W
@ Minnesota W
@ Indiana L
Maryland W
@ PSU L
@ Purdue L
NW W
@ ILL W
Nebraska W

9-3 (6-3)

Might be a tie for the Big Ten West with 2-3 teams at 6-3 in the conference.

2019 - (17-18 returning starters)
Miami - W
@ISU - W
Mid Tenn - W
@ Michigan - L
Purdue - W
@ NW - W
@ Wisc - W
Minnesota - W
Illinois - W
@ Neb - W

BTCG - Mich - W

12-1 (8-1)

Rose Bowl - Washington - W

Kirk Ferentz retires and Iowa hires Brian Ferentz as head coach.

You forgot PSU and Rutgers in 2019. And Kirk Ferentz rarely loses to Mich, and Mich never beats OSU. So the regular season lost will be to PSU, not Mich, and CCG will be a loss to OSU. Then a 11-2 Iowa team will go to the Orange Bowl and beat Miami. 12-2. KF retires.

AJ won’t play anymore than he did this year. Should have red shirted him last year because KF must really have a stiff one for Hesse. So basically we are going to piss away two years with Eppy and then he will declare after his junior year.
Could have sworn I read somewhere talking about the option of having one of the Nelson boys move inside into the Bazata spot to get Eppy on the other end spot

Could have sworn I read somewhere talking about the option of having one of the Nelson boys move inside into the Bazata spot to get Eppy on the other end spot
M. Nelson is already inside, A. Nelson won't move, as he is our best pass rusher right now.

As for Eppy, we're absolutely not "pissing him away", and whoever thinks that wasn't watching the games close enough. He got more and more snaps as the season went on, to the point that he was basically a 5th starter. Yeah, he's super talented, but he wasn't quite there yet mentally, as his production dropped in the back half of the year. That can be blamed simply on being a true freshman. Hesse is pretty damn good himself, so it's hard to take away a 3.5 year starter's snaps. It's a good problem to have so much depth at DE.

We're not entitled to better than 6-6. Get that through your head! We graduate players god damn it!

We have won 8 or more games in 7 of the last 10 years. I mean to act like this is a 6-6 program is just stupid. We have won 6 games or less exactly 1 time in the last 10 years.

We will win 8 or more games in 2018. KF has done that in 7 of the last 10 years, and I don't see why '18 will be any different.