My 2 cents on end of game

And Jones was caught on camera calling JoBo an effing prick. Maybe this got back to Fran as well. Who knows???
I missed that... Right after Jordan's T I assume? Wonder how that goes over geez. If only the refs woulda heard it and hit him with a T too.. I doubt coaches can go cussing out the other teams players

I do think Fran, as a 50+ year old man, should have taken the high road. What would Fran's reaction been if Bo Ryan refused to shake hands after Woodbury eye poking, or when Gatens choke slammed one of their players? What about if Izzo would have pulled his team out of the line when McCabe hip tossed one of his guys?

Fran should have just said good game and move on, and let this team take their bus ride back to Moose Knuckle, ND or wherever their campus is located.

Also, with Fran's fiery reputation, any additional "incidents" like this before year end and this whole item will get re-played and overblown to show Iowa in a poor light.

Serious question. What kind of $$ did we end up paying that team to come play and bush league style. Serious, if I was a coach of a lower division I'd have my team come in a play hard but play clean as well, especially if getting $$.

Serious question. What kind of $$ did we end up paying that team to come play and bush league style. Serious, if I was a coach of a lower division I'd have my team come in a play hard but play clean as well, especially if getting $$.
Hadn't heard if there was any... That's a good question I'd think not a thing since I hadn't heard that come up at all yet. But maybe they got a couple hundred large to come...

If we were up 20, and still pressing them with a minute left they would not be happy if we said "we teach our guys to play till the end". There is a right and wrong way to do things. It goes both ways. ND should admit that it was bush league at the end and can see why it was irritating.
That said, the right thing to do from the Hawk bench is just slap hands quickly as possible, including Fran, and just get out of there. Don't need to hug or talk, just the quick handshake and move along.
Good point. I think Jones said that he was going to talk to the kid about that too. The thing is when it comes to sportsmanship issue's it's always slanted towards the team that's winning to 'do right' The team that's down if they continue to scratch and claw back (literally) will get more rope with that for some reason... But I totally agree with you Fran coulda shoulda been the bigger man. If they want to have that reputation as taking cheap shots and not being too good of sports when they are down then that's on them..

Good point. I think Jones said that he was going to talk to the kid about that too. The thing is when it comes to sportsmanship issue's it's always slanted towards the team that's winning to 'do right' The team that's down if they continue to scratch and claw back (literally) will get more rope with that for some reason... But I totally agree with you Fran coulda shoulda been the bigger man. If they want to have that reputation as taking cheap shots and not being too good of sports when they are down then that's on them..

Basically, its safe for me to say that both sides were wrong. It happens.

what was the line on the North Dakota game? I think Jones took ND and the points...he was thrilled his guy stole the ball at the end to score?

On PTI this evening Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon absolutely ripped Fran. About this and about his entire way he presents himself. Scathing.

11 points, so you never know. :)
Seriously...was the line really 11? if so, someone needs to investigate this. You have to watch Jones at the end of the game. He was worried that the last basket was good. I remember thinking, what a tool, and it was just flat out odd. He makes a motion like "it counts and fist pumps". It was weird. Dude bet on this game.

On PTI this evening Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon absolutely ripped Fran. About this and about his entire way he presents himself. Scathing.

Predictable. As a NW alumni, Wilbon hates the University of Iowa anyways, not to mention Fran. Wilbon hates on most things these days. Just like last year when he said that he knew Woody was poking people on purpose and the he thought he "practiced" it.

Not many people watching their show these days anyways...

Sometimes I think sports shift things out of perspective. Everyone take a deep breath and think about this logically. Why are people upset? Because adult men didn't shake hands.

come on guys, take your black and gold lenses off. Fran is a hot head. If he wasn't coaching Iowa you'd hate him.

Predictable. As a NW alumni, Wilbon hates the University of Iowa anyways, not to mention Fran. Wilbon hates on most things these days. Just like last year when he said that he knew Woody was poking people on purpose and the he thought he "practiced" it.

Not many people watching their show these days anyways...

Yeah, who really gives a F about what that tool and his buddy say.....

Or any other idiots who didn't watch the game and are acting outraged.....

As has been mentioned, views and clicks rule the game.....

I would imagine the recruits, these days, admire Fran for protecting his team.....

That diamond in the rough point guard in a little town in the middle of nowhere just might choose the Hawks now.....

:cool:

come on guys, take your black and gold lenses off. Fran is a hot head. If he wasn't coaching Iowa you'd hate him.

Some of the other things that he has done I pry let slide due to him being our coach. But I highly doubt I would think any less because of a hand shake

Latest posts