MVC Conference Duals = Double Duals this year

SPGroth

I just found out that for the 2010-2011 Mississippi Valley Conference dual wrestling season will consist of double duals whenever conference foes meet each other. All teams will face each other in dual competition. This will be the first year that they have tried this format. This is going to cut down on the number of home meets for most school, but could give everyone the opportunity to go to one dual and see three teams.

If I understand the rules correctly, that would actually give the wrestlers from these schools more opportunities to wrestle during the season because each school is limited on the number of dates, but not on the number of matches within each date. That's an interesting idea and I'm curious to see how it works out.

It cuts down on the number of home CONFERENCE duals, not necessarily the number of home duals overall. The NEIC is moving towards something similar.

AFHawk---you are correct. They base the maximum number as the number of dates, not number of matches. Each kid go get two matches for each night of dual action.

What it will do in the MVC, is that it will allow each team to wrestle each other.

Unfortunately, Kennedy only wrestles conference foes, so they will only have four home duals this year.

This will set some teams up to get 60 plus matches this year.Could be some old Iowa records go down in a few seasons.The MVC will be ruled by ICW again,and should stay that way as long as Reiland is there.

I think the primary reason behind doing this is because no one want to drive from CR/IC to Waterloo East or Dub Wahlert on a Thursday night for a dual meet & to see 4-5 varsity matches wrestled.

AFHawk---you are correct. They base the maximum number as the number of dates, not number of matches. Each kid go get two matches for each night of dual action.

What it will do in the MVC, is that it will allow each team to wrestle each other.

Unfortunately, Kennedy only wrestles conference foes, so they will only have four home duals this year.

Why the heck does CRK only wrestle conference foes?

Spooner--not sure on their scheduling. For the during the week duals, they only schedule MVC foes. They participate in a couple of dual tournaments where the wrestle teams outside the MVc.

Why the heck does CRK only wrestle conference foes?

Calendar Report=

They have the usual 6 Thursday duals. They'll wrestle just about everybody, if not everybody, in the conference.

It will be fun to watch Prairie. They had 6 or 7 freshman in their lineup a year ago. As they progress I hope it brings back the Prairie of old.

hey folks,

Is there a place online where I can find high school wrestling schedules for 2010-1011 season?
I visit every January, and I I'd like to see what high school meets are happening in the CR-IC-Waterloo area when I visit.

Here is the link to the MVC website. Click on the Conference Calendars above and you can browse through the events. If you want to look at a particular school, click on the school name on the right side of the page and it will take you to their activity calendar. You can sort the events by wrestling by selecting the sport and level in the box.

Mississippi Valley Conference

I must correct myself. I see the Kennedy is going to host Council Bluffs TJ in a dual. That is not something that they have done in the past.

Last edited:
It will be fun to watch Prairie. They had 6 or 7 freshman in their lineup a year ago. As they progress I hope it brings back the Prairie of old.

I work with one of the assistance coaches at Prairie. He is very excited to get into the room and get the season started. List a couple of school in the Cedar Rapids area, they too are going to struggle to fill the 215 and Heavyweight slots.

Thanks so much for all the info! I wish the Predicament (or someone else) had updated links to all the conference schedules.

If you've got time, come on down to Urbandale on Jan 22 for the Ed Winger Invitational for a full day of wrestling.

Iowa City West
Bettendorf
Ballard
Roosevelt
Indianola
SE Polk
Urbandale
Cedar Falls
North Scott
Dowling
Ames
Burlington