Music Thread

Sadly, the age of the great rock guitarist is coming to an end.

Beck wasn't much of a song-writer, but his style of playing the guitar was unique and has never been replicated. He somehow perfected the style of strumming the strings directly behind the whammy bar, leading to a unique sound that was strictly his. It's incredibly sad that we are seeing them die off one at a time.

Sadly, the age of the great rock guitarist is coming to an end.

Beck wasn't much of a song-writer, but his style of playing the guitar was unique and has never been replicated. He somehow perfected the style of strumming the strings directly behind the whammy bar, leading to a unique sound that was strictly his. It's incredibly sad that we are seeing them die off one at a time.
Widely credited as the inspiration behind Nigel Tufnel (Christopher Guest from Spinal Tap)

Tufnel copied the hairstyle, the affinity for Grand Prix racing magazines, and the quasi cosmic bent on how he viewed life in general.

Ahh...The Dutch have the best "meds"

Watch this through a couple of times....lots going on. Fun video!
As a huge ELO fan, I've seen this multiple times. One of their most under-appreciated tunes. The Dutch did a hell of a job making this. Really well done.

David Crosby has passed, 81 years old

The Byrds are one of my very favorite groups
Definitely will cue up Wooden Ships.

This year is off to a horrible start for music deaths (Crosby, Jeff Beck. Robbie Bachman, Van Connor of Screaming Trees) and the rest of the decade is just going to get worse.

Worst year ever? 1980 would be hard to top.

John Lennon
John Bonham
Bon Scott
Ian Curtis

Lennon was they only one to reach 40, and barely at that. Curtis was only 23.

2017 was rough as well

Tom Petty
J Geils
Malcolm Young
Walter Becker
Grant Hart (drummer for Husker Du)

Glenn Frey
David Bowie
Prince
George Michael
Leonard Cohen
Greg Lake
Merle Haggard
Keith Emerson (same band as Lake)
Paul Kantner
Maurice White

Last edited:
This year during the Hawkeye games they tend to play the same commercials over and over. This year I noticed a commercial with the same jingle... a familiar melody...it got stuck in my head... I could not figure out why I knew it.

Then I figured it out. This was the original song.

This year during the Hawkeye games they tend to play the same commercials over and over. This year I noticed a commercial with the same jingle... a familiar melody...it got stuck in my head... I could not figure out why I knew it.

Then I figured it out. This was the original song.

Another music icon we lost recently.

Latest posts