Music Thread

An example (of many many many) "old" tunes which got beat to death on faceless AM radio back in the day.
(The Eagles are my #1 in this categoary...Men at Work and the Cars a close tied 2nd)

Re-visiting the music is never a disappointment. Videos bring them to life.

Last edited:

Just because this was Mr. Perry's TV coming out party.

He was so good that Greg Rolie, one of the founders (Perry was not an original Journey member) knew that while he was Triple-AAA, Perry was Major League, Starter, All-Star and HOF'er...and that Perry would be the face of the band.

He left a few months later....just before Journey reached their height of fame.

Things heat up nicely at the 1:40 mark. Phenomenal.

I am huge Colin Hay fan. "Waiting for My Real Life To Begin" is a stellar, stellar tune.
I actually dig his latest album. The title track to "Now and the Ever More" is a great tune, although...I much prefer non-album versions of it. Also "Agatha Bell" may be the quintessential Colin Hay tune. He explained how the song came about when I saw him perform this spring. It started with zero meaning. Agatha isn't a real historical person, but it's so rich of a story it feels like she should be. Like some black widow version of HH Holmes.

What a tremendously undervalued and underrated songwriter.

He was so good that Greg Rolie, one of the founders (Perry was not an original Journey member) knew that while he was Triple-AAA, Perry was Major League, Starter, All-Star and HOF'er...and that Perry would be the face of the band.

I saw Journey at Bradley University 1977 as the opening act for Boston. I had never heard of them but I thought, hey they're pretty good!

I am huge Colin Hay fan. "Waiting for My Real Life To Begin" is a stellar, stellar tune.
I actually dig his latest album. The title track to "Now and the Ever More" is a great tune, although...I much prefer non-album versions of it. Also "Agatha Bell" may be the quintessential Colin Hay tune. He explained how the song came about when I saw him perform this spring. It started with zero meaning. Agatha isn't a real historical person, but it's so rich of a story it feels like she should be. Like some black widow version of HH Holmes.

What a tremendously undervalued and underrated songwriter.

forgot about that awesome song. what a great video!

My favorite Journey song!

Canadian Brad Roberts can still bring it.
This wasn't a big hit, but I think it captures the CTD perfectly. (Although Superman's Song ain't bad)

Latest posts