Music Thread

Going back through the thread, I realized that there are two guys that somehow I forgot to post. The first is one of the most under-appreciated blues-rock guitarists of all time: Rory Gallagher. A short but amazing career.

The second is Roy Buchanon. A shy, reclusive blues artist. Many have referred to him as the greatest blues guitarist of all time, including Jeff Beck, Waylon Jennings and Slash.

Last edited:
Here is the entire Rockpalast concert

Roy Buchanan - Live Rockpalast 1985
Here is the entire Rockpalast concert

Roy Buchanan - Live Rockpalast 1985
He didn't care about fanfair or stardom. Just a pure genious that did it his way. I would encourage anyone with an interest in guitar-based music, to take their time and listen to the whole concert.

Gallagher was more someone I could listen to for hours. His persona on stage is akin to Stevie Ray Vaughan and/or Jimmy Page. Music just seemed to pour out of his soul when he performed, but Buchanon was a simple man who made it look so easy and effortless. The amazing thing about Gallagher is that he somehow was able to incorporate a little punk into some of his blues stuff and make it work, That's no easy task, but you can hear the influences in several of his songs.

Last edited:
I am not as familiar with Gallager as Buchanan. I'll have to check Gallager out some time.

Wear a poncho!

gallagher-smash.gif

NO ONE swings the sledge-o-matic like Gallagher.
Removes unwanted fingerprints from walls, removes unwanted walls from fingerprints. Kills ants, roaches, fleas, appetites...keeps the neighbor kids in their own damn yard!

Gallagher may also have invented the "stupid sticker". It was a suction cup with a small pennant shaped flag that said "stupid". You were supposed to be able to shoot them at vehicles Nerf gun style when someone wasn't very smart behind the wheel. We all spent a week one summer trying to make stupid stickers.

Last edited:
In all seriousness though, anyone who's into the Zeppelin, Clapton, Hendrix, etc., genre, should take the time to listen to the Gallagher tunes I posted. You can even hear a little of the Ramones. He just blows me away.

Last edited:

Latest posts