Music Thread

Where Procol Harum's Keith Reid was his first choice for vocalist. Keith recommended a virtual unknown named Robert Plant. Plant wouldn't be unknown much longer.

Ever stop and wonder how many bands became famous with a second, or more, choice as singer, drummer, whatever? And movies. Some of the most famous movies had someone other than the first choice star in it. Animal House was supposed to be a complete ensemble of SNL performers. John Belushi was the only one who followed through.

Sidenote on Led Zeppelin. In a Rolling Stone album review of their first album Lester Bangs famously ripped the band a new one. His review could be summed up in five words: "What the F is this"?

Procol Harum had Robin Trower on the team for a while.....

:cool:

Does anyone like Blues? Walter Trout, Joe Bonommassa, Buddy Guy? I've really gotten into it. Even some of the women, Ana Popovic, Joanne Shaw Taylor

Randy Bachman was certainly taking a risk. He left the Guess Who at the peak of their popularity.

There were echoes of Led Zeppelin in their production and a couple of their riffs. But they obviously had nowhere near the textural range and that was never their intent. Their songs did sound like they rolled off the same assembly line but it worked in their case. They not only sold a lot of records and we're an excellent concert draw, they inspired many teenagers to pick up the guitar and start bands.

I don't know who owes who the biggest "thank you" for elevating their career....Burton Cummings or Randy Bachman. Certainly a synergistic relationship.

here's a link to our new video we released direct to our FB this weekend. It received over 27,000 views and 800 shares in less than 48 hours.

http://atwoodmagazine.com/pcpc-pott-county-pony-creek/

Corn, gravel roads and shades and shit!

Here is a review of said video by a national magazine.

http://atwoodmagazine.com/pcpc-pott-county-pony-creek/

Alright, Alright, Alright. Excellent song. You guys are headed for stardom. This is very enjoyable, infectious music that should appeal to all music lovers, no matter the genre.....

Very nice review. You should be getting many more.....

Love the video. Makes one want to walk down one of Iowa's country roads.....

Alright, Alright, Alright. Excellent song. You guys are headed for stardom. This is very enjoyable, infectious music that should appeal to all music lovers, no matter the genre.....

Very nice review. You should be getting many more.....

Love the video. Makes one want to walk down one of Iowa's country roads.....

Thanks man - reminds me of booze cruisin or gravel travel when I was a kid...I'd never do that dumb stuff now. It was fun working with the actual Sheriff's Department as well. The release of our album is FINALLY done. Things like that take over a years time and planning and work. We sold out of our units (approx 500 CD's) before it was even released. Which is unheard of in today's climate for a independent artist. No one buys CD's any more haha. The entire album is streaming on Spotify, Itunes, Youtube, where ever you listen to music as Pony Creek. Check it out if you are so inclined at the link below. I appreciate the kind words.

NBC was cutting away for a commercial during the ND Game. The beginning of this was playing, pulled out my phone "ok google" and it listened and returned the name of the song.

Latest posts