Music at Kinnick

I'd also play this every time Greg Davis was late getting a play in:

[video=youtube;BsKbwR7WXN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsKbwR7WXN4[/video]

I don't have a problem with Seger. In fact, I was tapping my toe whilst enjoying my walking taco.

I don't have a problem with Seger. In fact, I was tapping my toe whilst enjoying my walking taco.

Oh my doodness, but I hope for your own sake you are kidding here.

I am a traditionalist, and a big fan of the 'Back in Black' intro (when done correctly), but just about every other musical cue they do has about got to go. The Seger tune--does anyone EVER need to hear that song again. Ever? If you do, just play it in your head, you've heard it so often you can do it from start to finish and you won't even have to play it for real out loud ever again, and bug the rest of us.

Welcome to the Jungle--tired and cliched. Same with any Stones tune. Same with the Bush 3rd down music. I actually think some humor--like playing 'Convoy' after a first down (actually, Okeefe4prez, that's an inspired idea....)--would be terrific. All they need is a little more imagination. I don't care if the song is old, as long as it FITS, and is inspiring. But to play tunes that are so over-played that they are cliches, has gotten a little old.

I also don't like the fact that every college stadium seems to play the same songs. But I'd bet we'd be the only one playing 'Convoy'!

First of all, if every time they play Segar we play a great half of football by all means keep playing it ;)
2nd, it amazes me how much stadium music is a topic on here. Whoever chooses the music is really in a no win situation no? Because we all have our likes and dislikes of music, very wide ranging obviously. The one thing we could all agree on I think is less commercials and more music. No more mixing music with ads (burrito lift = lame).

Are you by chance between 65 and 70, and do the "alligator" while you were out dancing? If so, you should meet my in laws

First of all, if every time they play Segar we play a great half of football by all means keep playing it ;)
2nd, it amazes me how much stadium music is a topic on here. Whoever chooses the music is really in a no win situation no? Because we all have our likes and dislikes of music, very wide ranging obviously. The one thing we could all agree on I think is less commercials and more music. No more mixing music with ads (burrito lift = lame).

Listen...the burrito lift is old to me...but there is a lot of people in all areas of the stands doing this....

All I ask is that they find something motivating and not kill the mood with something 99% of people under 60 thinks is lame.

Here's an idea. Don't feel compelled to play music all of the time. Let the band play the fight song or On Iowa, and let the crowd take over the noise. Too many times, some lame music drowns out/cuts off the crowd noise. Is the person running the music ever been to/watched a football game before?

Does anyone know what the fox should say?...........................................NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

the the fox says;
Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
And also...

Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
And also...

Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
And also...

Jacha-chacha-chacha-chow!
Chacha-chacha-chacha-chow!
Chacha-chacha-chacha-chow!
And also....

Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
And also...

A-hee-ahee ha-hee!
A-hee-ahee ha-hee!
A-hee-ahee ha-hee!

Thats what he says. Actually, he won't shut his mouth.

This is the first time I've heard Old Time Rock & Roll out of halftime. Bush is not new, but I don't mind that as much. Maybe I'm getting old.

I honestly don't remember the team coming out to that song. I sit close to the band so maybe that's why...I sure in hell wasn't lit up so I can't blame that. They do need better music clips. Why do baseball games seem to have better music?

I honestly don't remember the team coming out to that song. I sit close to the band so maybe that's why...I sure in hell wasn't lit up so I can't blame that. They do need better music clips. Why do baseball games seem to have better music?

I think it's bc the players actually get to pick the songs. They should let the team pick what they want to hear...I mean it's them that need to get pumped up in the first place. Then let Kirk give the okay, and off we go to a championship!! End up discussion folks!