Music at Kinnick

InGoodCo

I know this has been discussed at volume on here, but Saturday was my first game this season (I got married earlier this fall, so my time was limited).

But really... a Bush song on every 3rd down? And... did the team really come out of the locker room at half time to "Old Time Rock & Roll"?

Tell me that's not the norm. Old Time Rock & Roll? No kid playing or being recruited wants to hear that.

I did notice a newer Beastie Boys tune (Make Some Noise), which was nice, but they also played "What does to the Fox Say", so they are damn well capable of playing newer music.

The crowd was great, the game was better, the music was AWFUL!

I really couldn't believe they came out to Old Time Rock & Roll. They may be the worst 2nd half entry song I have ever heard. It seems the last couple of games, they have tried to mix in some newer stuff, but there are still some bad choices throughout the game.

Another thing that annoys me, after we get the ball back with a chance to take the lead, the crowd is going wild, and on comes our PA announcer with some boring advertisement. Can't the announcer do something to fire up the crowd instead of reading us boring commercials throughout the game? I'm not suggesting "That's another Hawkeye first down!" But do something to help keep the crowd engaged.

Just someone .... please tell me, they don't always come out to Old Time Rock & Roll... right? That had to be something they were just testing out. I sat with 3 guys in their late 30's a a guy who just turned 60 and we all sat there and shivered and looked at each other like "WTF is this?"

And serious... BUSH every 3rd down. Bush is not pump up music

Just someone .... please tell me, they don't always come out to Old Time Rock & Roll... right? That had to be something they were just testing out. I sat with 3 guys in their late 30's a a guy who just turned 60 and we all sat there and shivered and looked at each other like "WTF is this?"

And serious... BUSH every 3rd down. Bush is not pump up music
This is the first time I've heard Old Time Rock & Roll out of halftime. Bush is not new, but I don't mind that as much. Maybe I'm getting old.

They should put me in charge of the music. I'd drop in my CW McCall CD and the crowd would go cray cray.

look, I love the 90's, but Bush didn't have an edge back then... now 20 years later, you'd think we could find something equally as good to replace that. It's not a classic or iconic intro or song like AC/DC or The Stones or Welcome to Jungle or more commonly used songs. It's a song.... by Bush... seriously. Nobody liked Bush then, nobody likes them now, why use this as your 3rd down pump up song.

And Old Time Rock & Roll, that's a fireable offense for who ever authorized that. Seriously, there was a stadium of shocked people sitting there wondering wtf was going on. I'm going overboard here a bit, but really it was embarrassing for the fans, I can only imagine how to team felt.

sorry to ask this. gime a link to this "BUSH", I couldn't hear it so I don't have clue what that is.

thanks in advance.
- Oldfart.

Oh... and were they purposely trying to play Michigan music? Seager, Kid Rock, White Stripes, Eminem?

the Mo-Town tribute at half time?

Music is suppose to make the other team uncomfortable, not feel more at home

What happened to that little fella with the gangdum whatever. I used to date this asian chick and she loved that song. Hands down Mas favorite part of any sporting event.

Oh... and were they purposely trying to play Michigan music? Seager, Kid Rock, White Stripes, Eminem?

the Mo-Town tribute at half time?

Music is suppose to make the other team more comfortable, not feel more at home
Good call, I didn't even think of that. This is even more disturbing to me now, although I think they do that Mo-Town tribute at half time every year.

maybe "old time rock and roll"(which is a great song by the way) was played as a throwback to the old days, or the bully days. maybe they were saying iowa is going back old school to the days of the bullies of the big 10 and they're bringing back the old time rock and roll.

am i reaching?

Latest posts