msu fake injuries

Hawks1

#99 took him 5 min to get off field and his replacement faked the very next play then 99 came back in
at that point they were gassed why not do the 2 min offense

i think there is a penalty for fake injuries

those guys were definitely faking it was almost every play on one drive and they just kept going back in

99 was taking forever to get off and the whistle had blown...if vdb was on top of things he shoulda given the signal to snap it...miller just commented on sound off that it was not surprising for a dantonio coached team...classless...i think that term is overused but that was ********! killed big mo for us.

I think this is the unofficial list of injuries..still to be confirmed. If I heard wrong just add or edit.

injury#
1-Sudden, profound hangnail, left great toe
2-jock strap butt rubb
3-helmet strap irritation
4-ankle socks too tight
5-runny nose
6-eyelash stuck in eyeball
7-skinned knee
8-tongue bite

If they were faking injuries and I don't know one way or another then they are the dumbest team in the country. All of those injuries stopped the clock which ONLY benefited Iowa as MSU was sitting on a big lead.

I could understand if the theory was that it was taking the offense out of a rythem however an offense has to be in a rythem before it gets out of a rythem and Iowa's offense wasn't in a rythem today or much at all for most of this season.

iahawk72

I think this is the unofficial list of injuries..still to be confirmed. If I heard wrong just add or edit. injury#1-Sudden, profound hangnail, left great toe2-jock strap butt rubb3-helmet strap irritation4-ankle socks too tight5-runny nose6-eyelash stuck in eyeball7-skinned knee8-tongue bite

You forgot yeast infection. I heard that was Worthys to injury.

If they were faking injuries and I don't know one way or another then they are the dumbest team in the country. All of those injuries stopped the clock which ONLY benefited Iowa as MSU was sitting on a big lead.

I could understand if the theory was that it was taking the offense out of a rythem however an offense has to be in a rythem before it gets out of a rythem and Iowa's offense wasn't in a rythem today or much at all for most of this season.

iahawk72

You don't need to be in rhythm the entire game. Iowa had a solid drive going, and MSU had all the fake injuries to stop our momentum.

Football(and sports in general) is all about momentum. MSU killed ours with their fake injuries. Bush league.

actually Iowa had a rythm going at the right time, and the purpose of a no-huddle is to play at a speed where the defense has no chance to change personnel on the field, by faking the injuries they not only stopped the clock but it allowed the defense to get small breaks and change personnel to counter the offensive personnel;

ie: if the defense has a running defensive package on the field and the offense goes to a pass only attack. they do not have time in a no-huddle to change personnel

Not sure what the rule is, but with our friend Witvoet from Michigen calling the game, no chance it would be called. It was total BS to see that lard *** #99 sucking air and laying there. Believe if we had pushed the pace earlier in the second half, Spartans would have been in big trouble.

Anybody other than Michigan booster Witvoet would have likely tried to keep the game rolling. However, this ref is his ever infinite wisdom could certainly tell all these injuries were for real.

Today was the first time in my life where I found it acceptable to boo a "hurt" player. It seemed like every first down we got, someone went down and it certaintly killed the momentum

The entire nation is doing this. We just don't see it as much at Iowa, because we have no depth at DT and we seldom force other teams into this tactic.

Football will have to address this at some point. But it is within the rules right now.

However, I think the defense should have a reasonable opportunity to substitute.

All need to be done is to strengthen the penalty for the injured player. Currently the injured player needs to remain side-lined for one play, make the player side-lined until the next change of possession or the option of a 5 to 10 yard penalty.

Certainly the unintended consequence is penalizing the player and team who is truely shook-up or injured. They could also just institute some form of rule change in the fourth quarter when this behavior usually occurs.

Just some thoughts, it would be nice if something could be done.

I was thinking if play needs to stop for a player twice, that player is out of the game.

Or after five stoppages for the same unit, a player cannot come back in.

However, as I said, teams should be able to reasonably substitute. So, perhaps there is a brief sub delay after a first down?

You are going to get people seriously hurt if you force gassed players to stay on the field.

So, the changes need to go both ways.

just create a new rule, For The Safefty and Health of a Injured Player: any player injured and/or needs help off the field has to sit out the half to insure the safety and well being of the player;
that would protect, really in jured players as well as stop the faking of injuries

Even after Braska beat them, Braska fans were saying the same thing. Face it MSU is the most unethical team in the B10. At some point that will come back to bit them. It's not right and I dont like numb nuts saying he tried to use IOWA as a model to build a program. We dont play that way.

The entire nation is doing this. We just don't see it as much at Iowa, because we have no depth at DT and we seldom force other teams into this tactic.

Football will have to address this at some point. But it is within the rules right now.

However, I think the defense should have a reasonable opportunity to substitute.

The only problem is that they did have reasonable opportunities to substitute yesterday. It's not like we were going all Oregon on them and snapping the ball every 16 seconds (or whatever it is). They had guys getting "hurt" all game long, even when we were taking our time on offense.

The only problem is that they did have reasonable opportunities to substitute yesterday. It's not like we were going all Oregon on them and snapping the ball every 16 seconds (or whatever it is). They had guys getting "hurt" all game long, even when we were taking our time on offense.

Would be interesting to "track" he MSU injuries. For instance, I don't remember it happening on one single MSU offensive play. I don't remember it happening where we had a play for lost yardage. It only seemed to happen when we were moving the ball reasonably well and/or getting first downs. And frankly, I am surprised it did NOT happen on the 4th-and-1 where we got the penalty after appearing to convert.

I'm not usually a conspiracy type, but it sure seemed like MSU players and the injuries had amazing timing.

Latest posts