Most Underrated Iowa Player

Who is the most underrated player on this Iowa team?

• Karl Klug

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Broderick Binns

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Shaun Prater

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Rielly Reiff

• Jeremiah Hunter

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • Ryan Donahue

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • AJ Edds

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Jeff Tarpinian

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Christian Ballard

• Ricky Stanzi

Votes: 8 8.7%

• Total voters
Prater. No one outside of Iowa knows his name. He is athletic and long, great attributes for a corner. Obviously, Spievey is well-known already. Our two best corners since? Better than Antwaun Allen and Jovan,imo,who were the best in the KF era. Hayden has some good ones,but not sure if we had a pair like this.

I love that I can read through this entire thread and not disagree with any of the thoughts. We have a lot of players working their butts off outside of our "big name" players that are making this team what they are. Without these guys the rest of our great players would be struggling. This is why I love Hawkeye football!

I think the ability of Dace Richardson to play both Guard and Tackle spots on the Offensive line has been huge this year and has given Reiff a chance to get some good playing time this year.

I think its Ballard. He's got that 'i'll do anything you need me to coach' mentality and has been solid all year.

Last edited:
Without Donahue flipping the field around for us and also pinning the opposition deep we wouldn't be unbeaten..
I don't consider Donahue an underrated player IMO. He's up for the Ray Guy award for best punter in the nation and has been a huge part of the teams success. He is a stud!

Prater. His cover skills allow Sash and Greenwood to play centerfield and make the big interceptions. Just look at what happened when Lowe and Castillo were in.

I'm going with Edds - with our scheme on defense vs. any team that runs the spread and passes out of it - he needs to be a stud. And is.

I would say Tarpinian... just because of that nasty hit he had during the Michigan game. I would like to see him play a bit more... I am sure we will during either the NW game or IU game.

I'd say Shaun Prater. You saw what happened when he was out. He is a great corner back that perfectly complements Spievey on the left. They could be one of the best CB tandems in the history of Iowa. The only knack on him is his size. He is realistically more like 5'9" at the most. If he were 5'11" or 6', he probably has the potential to be even better than Spievey in the long run.