Most Underrated Iowa Player

Who is the most underrated player on this Iowa team?

• Karl Klug

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Broderick Binns

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Shaun Prater

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Rielly Reiff

• Jeremiah Hunter

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • Ryan Donahue

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • AJ Edds

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Jeff Tarpinian

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Christian Ballard

• Ricky Stanzi

Votes: 8 8.7%

• Total voters

BlckNGldHwk

SSIA. (You can vote for more than one)

Which member of this year's team do you feel is not getting their propers?

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring for my man Karl 'Nueve-Cinco' Klug. He is consistently in on tackles, makes big plays when we need them most and is just an all around beast. I think amidst Ballard, Clayborn and Angerer, Klug is getting lost in the mix. He's starting to become one of my favorite players this year.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
I think that it has to be Ballard, the guy would have been a starting DE, where the stats are a lot easier to come by, but instead he moved inside, where you get no stats, for the betterment of the team. His selfless act shows he is a true Hawk!

AJ Edds. He is never caught out of position. He is one of the best cover LBs we have had at Iowa and he never misses a tackle.

Honestly, I'd say Stanzi. He doesn't get the hype because of his inconsistency, but when he is "on", he's as good as anybody. Take 1/2 the INT's away (because they were dropped balls or due to the receivers) and his numbers look pretty good. If Stanzi gets on track like we've all seen him play, he could change some games.

I think that it has to be Ballard, the guy would have been a starting DE, where the stats are a lot easier to come by, but instead he moved inside, where you get no stats, for the betterment of the team. His selfless act shows he is a true Hawk!

+1. I think him making the move to DT for the team, makes him MVP this year. One person I think that needs also mentioned is Donahue.

Going with a non-starter I would have to go with Tarpanian. He shows coverage skills and tackling ability that should make him the next in a long line of quality Iowa LBs.

Underrated by who (whom?)? National media, or the guy who amongst Iowa fans has been flying under the radar?

I'd like to throw another guy out there that doesn't really have a ton of stats, but how valuable he is to this team was very evident when he was out, and that player would be Prater. When he was out we saw what we have behind him in Lowe and Castillo, who both had their moments of futility. Everybody knows about Spievey, but Prater goes largely unnoticed, and he's a damn good corner!

I would have to say broderick binn, guy has come out of the woodwork to have some great plays, stops as well as a handful of blocked passes when we needed it vs Michigan. Cant believe nobody had said his name.

The reality is that it is probably Mitch Daniels, but due to his limited snaps, I would say Edds.

Is now a good time to break down next year's two-deeps? I would assume Spievey and Clayborn need not be listed.

I could also go with Reiff because of the great job he did filling in for Bulaga and now the flexibility he gives the O-Line.

Latest posts