Most Underrated Iowa Player

Who is the most underrated player on this Iowa team?

• Karl Klug

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Broderick Binns

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Shaun Prater

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Rielly Reiff

• Jeremiah Hunter

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • Ryan Donahue

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • AJ Edds

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Jeff Tarpinian

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Christian Ballard

• Ricky Stanzi

Votes: 8 8.7%

• Total voters
I think Murray need a little love. It's a huge luxury to be able to send out a kicker for 49yd field goal on the road and have him nail it.

In the other poll re: who the MVP is so far I was a little surprised Angerer was forgotten. Even though he was on a lot of pre-season watch lists, my vote here goes for Pat Angerer.

I think it without a doubt has to be Hunter or Edds. The D-line gets a lot of love, even if the ends to take a lot of the credit, so while I agree they are a great unit, I don't think any of them are necessarily underrated. Same for the DB's and Donahue, as they are undeniably good players, but hardly lacking in love from the Hawkeye faithful. Hunter and Edds, however, seem to be overshadowed a lot by Angerer and the other parts of the D even though its their talent and athleticism that allows our defense to function. I think they have to be considered as one of the better OLB combos that we have had in the KF era, right up there with Greenway/Miles, though neither is as individually talented as Greenway.

I'd say Shaun Prater. You saw what happened when he was out. He is a great corner back that perfectly complements Spievey on the left. They could be one of the best CB tandems in the history of Iowa. The only knack on him is his size. He is realistically more like 5'9" at the most. If he were 5'11" or 6', he probably has the potential to be even better than Spievey in the long run.

I'm sorry but if Prater was 5'11"or 6' I do not believe he would ever even come close to Spievey's talent.

Couple names off the top of my head, Reisner, Calloway, Tarpinian. Reisner filled a huge void while Moeaki was out, and does an excellent job on max pro and double tight sets. Moeaki is unbelievable, but Reisner gives us reason to not dread Tony's loss next season. Calloway has played very well, and I think is a Sunday caliber player, very similar to Yanda. The only game he didn't play in (UNI) is the only game i think the o-line has been outmatched. Nice to know Reiff is getting plenty of experience this year and hopefully will slide right in at RT next year. And Tarpinian appears to be a total playmaker and ring leader of the special teams and flys around with reckless abandon out there. Love watching him run down the field on a mission. His hit on kickoff against Michigan I could watch over and over again. Lots of unsung heroes on this team, line goes around the block.

Couple names off the top of my head, Reisner, Calloway, Tarpinian. Reisner filled a huge void while Moeaki was out, and does an excellent job on max pro and double tight sets. Moeaki is unbelievable, but Reisner gives us reason to not dread Tony's loss next season. Calloway has played very well, and I think is a Sunday caliber player, very similar to Yanda. The only game he didn't play in (UNI) is the only game i think the o-line has been outmatched. Nice to know Reiff is getting plenty of experience this year and hopefully will slide right in at RT next year. And Tarpinian appears to be a total playmaker and ring leader of the special teams and flys around with reckless abandon out there. Love watching him run down the field on a mission. His hit on kickoff against Michigan I could watch over and over again. Lots of unsung heroes on this team, line goes around the block.

Let me also state that Hunter is very underrated this year, but next year he should appear on plenty of award watch lists, so his contributions this year won't go without notice league wide and nation wide, where as the 3 I mentioned probably aren't known outside iowa.

Edds, hands down.

Amen......Edds and Angerer are hands down the senior leaders of this team!!!!

And how can you go wrong with Edds - a guy who says this right after beating Wisky, "We've only got five big f*cking games left that we've got to play well to win," then he smiled, "It just doesn't make sense to take the foot off the gas now."

I'd say Binns is really being overshadowed by AC. I think Binns has a great attack and also has a way of getting his hands on the ball. So he gets my vote.

If we were to talk on a national level my vote would be Tebow from Florida. Nobody is talking about this kid. Its a shame because he was the inspiration for RoboCop and Terminator because he is a machine!

Latest posts