Most Important Stat For Wisconsin Game?

In a game like this time of possesion is usually a good indicator for two rush heavy teams. You can account for most stats in there because keeping the ball means that they are moving the chains. Moving the chains means they are most likely doing well on first and second/ and or really well on third.

Only thing that will throw a monkey wrench in TOP is turnovers.

How many times we throw on first down and how successful we are when doing so. Part of the reason we rolled OSU last year was because we weren't so predictable calling plays on offense, and specially on first down.

In a game like this time of possesion is usually a good indicator for two rush heavy teams. You can account for most stats in there because keeping the ball means that they are moving the chains. Moving the chains means they are most likely doing well on first and second/ and or really well on third.

Only thing that will throw a monkey wrench in TOP is turnovers.

Well done!

How many times we throw on first down and how successful we are when doing so. Part of the reason we rolled OSU last year was because we weren't so predictable calling plays on offense, and specially on first down.

Yep. Iowa needs to call plays against their norm.

The final score. *drops mike*

Nice try "Simpleton". Read the OP next time.

51oTt-uBDrL.png

Just kidding Smoke!

Last edited:
Passing on 1st down and the use of our tight ends. AND, the use of Sargent. That kid is key imo, so BF needs to recognize weaknesses and capitalize, and often.....

Those fullback passes have worked nicely too. I'd like to see more passes to our backs if the OL play well.

I'd like to see the FB more involved in general with something like 3 touches a game, just to keep the defense thinking a bit more. The more diversity there is the better, IMO. They don't have to come up with new plays, but just call more diverse that is already in their playbook.

Is the kicking game a stat?

Punting (there could be a lot of them) and field goal kicking are huge. This has the makings for a field position/battle of FGs type of game.

Probably penalty yards. If they call this game fairly and don't let Wisconsin's o-line get away with murder, Wisconsin will have over 100 yards of penalties and Iowa will win. If Wisconsin's DBs can mug our receivers and their OL can tackle our DL and they wind up with 35 penalty yards, Iowa will lose.
Good call.. When those penalties take place are huge. If it's 3rd and 6 on their side of the 50 and we convert it but have it called back by holding or a chop block and then don't end up converting and punting.... It's the unpredictable most frustrating stat but it's a really really big one. The what ifs in regards to penalties are limitless. Besides turnovers I'd put this right up there

The most important stat for me is always the number of beers I drink and keeping my buzz at optimal football watching levels. Too much too early and the game becomes a blur...too much too late and I end up sleeping next to my dog on the porch. It's critical to manage the process efficiently.
730 kickoff. Don't get started too early buddy haha

Heres a stat that hasn't been mentioned and I don't know if it's even a stat. Blitz pickups. If our young running backs do it, we have a good chance of winning. If not, we have a good chance of losing.

Young backs will be put to the test Saturday. We also need to get a push up the middle in out OL and prevent their DL from doing the same. They do a good enough job as it is of coming down the back side of the line of scrimmage and blowing up our zone stretch plays which is why I desperatelty want us to make them honor potential counter action and force them to stay home once in a while.

What's the weather gonna be? Ya know, us old farmers in Iowa have this guide we use....the name escapes me, but if the wind is out of the northwest, and the squirrels are on the east side of the oak trees, then that means Wisconsin will win the toss, defer to the 2nd half, wave at the kids, then have 3 turnovers early and have to play catch up, down by 13 points . Iowa wins 23-20. Whew, how's that for a quick synopsis?

Latest posts