Most Iconic Iowa Football Pictures Ever

8037113467_8080143408_b.jpg

An architectural rendering of what Kinnick Stadium (then, Iowa Stadium) was to be, completely enclosed. Pretty awesome, and sort of rebuts those that have objected to closing in the corners for the sake of original design:

ajaxhelper

I wonder if the Depression caused it to be scaled back?

One of my favorites.....

There is one photo of a game at Wisconsin, I believe the year we trashed Ga Tech. After an excellent defensive play Tyler Sash and Amari Spivey jumped in the air together and high fived. In the background the Badger fans were glaring at them with hatred.....

I have tried to find it, but no luck so far.....

:cool:

My wife and I got married the summer after Holloway made that catch to win the game. We went to Rivera Maya on our Honeymoon. We got in our shuttle van at the Cancun airport to go to our resort and there was a young couple going as well and they were LSU fans. So, they figured out we were from Iowa as I prob had an Iowa shirt on or something and we started talking about that game.

Of course, they were still butthurt from it and couldn't believe that happened, but conversation was all cordial. I then thought I better mention to them that that was Warren Holloway's only TD catch in his Iowa career. The guy responded with "Aaaah, are you freaking kidding me?! His one TD? You didn't need to tell me that." - paraphrase from memory. Something like that. I laughed.

Excellent

That kicker, Scott Kollman, goes to our church. My wife tried to fix him up with one of my sisters. We were at a party where we happened to be watching the Hawks/Wisconsin game in 2014. He casually mentioned he was pulling for Wisconsin. When I asked him if he was from there, he replied that he went to Iowa State, missed two FGs as their kicker in the 1977 game, and that he "always" roots against the Hawks.

Suffice it to say, he was neither allowed to sit next to my sister at dinner, nor was he allowed any conversation with her. Oh, and my wife just finished up her penance last month.

That kicker, Scott Kollman, goes to our church. My wife tried to fix him up with one of my sisters. We were at a party where we happened to be watching the Hawks/Wisconsin game in 2014. He casually mentioned he was pulling for Wisconsin. When I asked him if he was from there, he replied that he went to Iowa State, missed two FGs as their kicker in the 1977 game, and that he "always" roots against the Hawks.

Suffice it to say, he was neither allowed to sit next to my sister at dinner, nor was he allowed any conversation with her. Oh, and my wife just finished up her penance last month.
Kollman sounds like he, as a grown adult now past sixty, doesn't even respect the Hawks.

Not surprising that an ex clone would respond that way. And as for fixing him up that probably told you everything you needed to know.

Look, I hated Illinois in the 1980's. Couldn't stand them. Would never root for them in a neutral game. I thought both Mike White and Lou Henson were cheating. I also thought they played chippy. But I got over it. Life's too damn short. That's pretty sad that a grown adult would respond that way no matter who he played for or what role he played in the loss.

Latest posts