Most Iconic Iowa Football Pictures Ever

This might be my favorite, Iowa vs Washington at the 1982 Rose Bowl. You can buy this as a post card at the grocery store in Middle Amana off I-80. What iconic photos can you share?

458d06892d38b4eea663c4aafaaf8006.jpg

Therein is the number one reason why people continue to like HF compared to KF. HF gave us the idea that it was possibly true. With KF, it is apparent he doesn't think anything close to that.

One thing you will never hear come out of this mans mouth ................. “Well that’s football”
No, instead of saying "that's football" after losing to a team he should have beat, HF said something like "the sun don't shine on the same dogs rump every day". More creative, but just as annoying to me.

No, instead of saying "that's football" after losing to a team he should have beat, HF said something like "the sun don't shine on the same dogs rump every day". More creative, but just as annoying to me.

LMAO!!!!! True dat is. One thing you have to give Hayden is that’s he did mix it up on offense and try exotic plays. KF announces over the loud speaker to.the entire defense that 100% when our QB comes up and starts to call audibles he is calling blocking assignments for a running play. There is nothing more stupid and aggravating than doing this. Any half wit can see this is a offensive coaching blunder. Our coach must be a quarter wit.

If you're going to post a picture of the all-time interception in NFL history, I'll follow that up with the #2 all-time interceptor in NFL history, Emlen Tunnell. He is also the first African-American inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Two guys named Jackie Robinson and Bill Russell are the first in two other sports.

tunnell1_jumbo1.jpg

Nickname was "Emlin the Gremlin"

LMAO!!!!! True dat is. One thing you have to give Hayden is that’s he did mix it up on offense and try exotic plays. KF announces over the loud speaker to.the entire defense that 100% when our QB comes up and starts to call audibles he is calling blocking assignments for a running play. There is nothing more stupid and aggravating than doing this. Any half wit can see this is a offensive coaching blunder. Our coach must be a quarter wit.

Try paying attention.

old-iowa-field-football-stadium-640x379.jpg

The first Iowa stadium located on the river between Burlington street and Iowa avenue.

Opened in 1890....last game in 1928. Replaced with "Kinnick" in 1929.
Seems weird as there's a huge hill as you go away from the river but it's not evident in this photo

Latest posts