Most B1g West teams have soft schedules vs the East

uihawk82

Few of the West Div teams we need to beat are also playing OSU and Mich St. (and right now I am leaving out Mich and Penn St as I am not sure they would finish 5th in the West).

Mich might be tough later in the year but just a quick look at the other teams schedules show none of them are going to get beat up by tough East Div teams.

So the Hawks are going to have to win the west even with their soft schedule. There will be no backing into a West Div championship by having foes have to many tough East games.

So go hawks and beat them all, start by winning all the home games.

I think the West looks stronger than the East. Of course the top of the East is strong but...

I think the West looks stronger than the East. Of course the top of the East is strong but...

The West is more competitive and stronger depth. The East is a two team race right now and the winner of Mich St - OSU will probably win it.

Penn St is down, Mich might be tough , Maryland and Rutgers are waiting for basketball to start (at least Maryland is).

A long way out but I still like the hawks chances at jNW. A tough hawk Dee against their maybe weak offense and the hawk offense stronger against jNW Dee.

uh,
Minn plays OSU and Mich
Neb plays MSU and Rut
NW plays Mich and PSU
ILL plays OSU and PSU
Pur plays MSU and Indy
Wisc plays MD and Rut
Iowa plays MD and indy

Did you even look at the schedules? Somebody has to play OSU and MSU

uh,
Minn plays OSU and Mich
Neb plays MSU and Rut
NW plays Mich and PSU
ILL plays OSU and PSU
Pur plays MSU and Indy
Wisc plays MD and Rut
Iowa plays MD and indy

i went with a puzzled look when i read that post, but he is kinda right after all.

He didn't say, a few in the west play OSU or MSU.
He said that a few in the west play OSU and MSU.

If your run-down is correct then, in fact, not even a few do. None play OSU and MSU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Few of the West Div teams we need to beat are also playing OSU and Mich St. (and right now I am leaving out Mich and Penn St as I am not sure they would finish 5th in the West).

Mich might be tough later in the year but just a quick look at the other teams schedules show none of them are going to get beat up by tough East Div teams.

So the Hawks are going to have to win the west even with their soft schedule. There will be no backing into a West Div championship by having foes have to many tough East games.

So go hawks and beat them all, start by winning all the home games.

What you are really saying is that the East is top-heavy.

uh,
Minn plays OSU and Mich
Neb plays MSU and Rut
NW plays Mich and PSU
ILL plays OSU and PSU
Pur plays MSU and Indy
Wisc plays MD and Rut
Iowa plays MD and indy

Minny should be favored against Mich and Minny gave OSU a tough game last year but it should be at Columbus this year.

Nebby vs Rutgets, puhleeeez and I hope MSU clobbers nebby

jNW might be favored against both Mich and PSU,

The thread title is "Most" teams....

Iowa should get two wins vs the east but I would love to see Minny lose both. Wisky should win two.

Latest posts