Most annoying players in the Big 10

Ive gotten used to Craft and Sheehy. I’m going with:

1. Denzel Valentine - resembles an anteater
2. Della Valle - Just look at him
3. Gasser

Hell, I'll even throw out the name Elliott Eliason, that goofy goofer....guy's always shoving and whining about everything....

1. The Gasser/Brust combo is disgustingly annoying. And they are roommates. Gasser whines on every call in every game and Brust's shot resembles something out of a 7th grade girls game.

2. Craft (another huge whiner)

3. Anyone who is lighting up Iowa out of character (e.g., Gallegos last year)

Coaches: strongly dislike Lil Pitino yet don't mind Bo (met him and liked him), Izzo (tons of respect for him). or Matta. Crean does make me want to take a shower after watching him though.

when that freaky haired foriegner from OSU laughed after slamming marble to the ground on that layup the other night he took alot of pressure off of Ben Brust as the most hated player , but Brust is still a tool bag

Gasser and Eliason are neck and neck, Craft a very distant 3rd, no one else really bothers me at all. As for coaches, Groce and Chambers get on my nerves a lot worse than Matta. Actually I might like Thad better than I like Matt Painter. None of those are as bad as Bo and Izzo, though.

Can't I name 3 officials instead? Because Craft would not bother me if they called the fouls correctly on him. Brust bugs me only because I still have mental images of him wearing Hawkeye gear. If I was not a Hawk fan McCabe would bother me because of his football mentality on the court.

Coaches,
Bo Ryan is at the top of my list especially how he handled the Uthoff transfer situation.

Tom Crean bugs me because he walks...err runs..along the sideline like he is going some where, some day I would love to sit behind his bench and just yell at him to sit down all game. Plus he is the biggest nerd in the B1G.

Richard Pitino Because he looks like he should be in someones basement playing dungeons and dragons not coaching a major college program.

images

He looks younger than some of his players!

1. Gasser - Serious when I say this but hope he didn't get hurt too bad on the last play of the game...dude got undercut and it wasn't called. Ouch.

2. Craft - not because of his on court play...which annoys the **** out of me but because he was the kid that blew the whistle on Bruce Pearl...

3. Adriana Payne

Coaches

1. Crean
2. Crean
3. Crean

This is an interesting thread.

I like Aaron Craft. Lot of energy. Quick. Great defender, but he fouls a lot and only gets called for it 1/3 of the time! It's annoying.

I wonder if you posted this question on other team's message boards, how many of them would list Fran as one of the most annoying coaches!?

Players -

1. Gasser (by a long way) - complainer and cocky
2. Craft - complainer, and the fact he gets away with so much
3. Brust or Valentine

Coaches

1. Bo Ryan
2. Bo Ryan
3. Crean

Most annoying player: Aaron White, Iowa. Why? Because he can drive on almost anyone; he dunks the ball with great authority; he rebounds like a demon; he can run the floor; he handles the ball very well; he is a very fine free throw shooter; he is unselfish. Its really annoying for one guy to have that much talent.

Most annoying coach: Fran Mc. Why? He has rebuilt the iowa program in four short years and we are no longer an easy mark for the rest of the BT. That is annoying.
I was waiting for Aaron to get a vote. The most annoying players are generally the ones who bring something significant to the table for their teams and also do it with an attitude.

This is an interesting thread.

I like Aaron Craft. Lot of energy. Quick. Great defender, but he fouls a lot and only gets called for it 1/3 of the time! It's annoying.

I wonder if you posted this question on other team's message boards, how many of them would list Fran as one of the most annoying coaches!?

I agree, I think Fran is moving up the annoying charts for alot of other teams fan bases. But I am not sure that is a bad thing as usually the most recognizable coaches are the ones with successful programs.

1. Trice- MSU...cocky lil jerk

2. Sobo- NW....meatball grinder no-talent

3. Sheehey- IU....arsehole.

Coaches:

1. Crean....chaps my arse
2. Bo.......*****
3. Pitino...silver spoon creep.

All-time?

Antoine Joubert - Michigan
Uwe Blab - Indiana
Chris Jent - Ohio State
Todd Jadlow - Indiana

God, this season has brought back some great memories of Big Ten hoops in the '80s.

Craft is the most annoying player in the country because he gets away with so much. He must have had 9 or 10 fouls on Sunday. I hope the Big 10 refs don't revert back to hackathon rules as that will hurt the whole league once we get in the NCAA tourney.

This is funny stuff on Mr. Craft ...

Aaron Craft Demonstrates the "New" Foul Rules in College Basketball - Black Heart Gold Pants

I really think it was closer to 20 fouls. And I am not exaggerating. He fouled four times in 1 possession and didn't get called for any of them. I have the game DVR'd, I should cue it up and count them down.

Last edited:
I don't really have any players that really annoy me. That's unusual. So I will break from the criteria and just substitute fan bases instead (basketball related).
#1. Wisconsin. You would think they had 100 years of sustained success...rather than 10 or so.
#2. Illinois. Deon Thomas was framed. The entire affair was a conspiracy for the NCAA to keep them from ruling the world. As is their birthright. Just ask them, they'll tell you....over and over and over and over again.
#3. Indiana. No need to elaborate.

Latest posts