Moss to Arkansas

I’m truly not trying to be difficult. But this post also makes no sense. Moss was not a PG. He was a terrible ball handler. That’s one of the reasons he wasn’t in at the end of games. You keep talking PG when our PGs (guys that played PG last year) all return and we add another.

I thought he played the point from time to time. So of the ones that are returning which ones could be considered good enough to compete legitimately on both ends of the floor? I do agree that Moss had weaknesses. I had hoped he would have improved more than he did.

I thought he played the point from time to time. So of the ones that are returning which ones could be considered good enough to compete legitimately on both ends of the floor? I do agree that Moss had weaknesses. I had hoped he would have improved more than he did.
How good Connor and Jordan are as PGs is subjective. There are as many opinions on here as there are posters. So I’m not going to answer the good enough question...would just be my opinion.

But I am comfortable saying I think we will be better at PG than last year. Jordan shouldn’t get worse his senior year. Connor should improve with a season of experience...no reason to assume he will get worse.

And we add a true PG and a RS freshman that supposedly can play the 1, 2 and 3. Having 2 more options shouldn’t make us worse. It provides more depth and allows the option of going with the hot hand(s) in any given game.

This is where my head is as it relates to PG.

How good Connor and Jordan are as PGs is subjective. There are as many opinions on here as there are posters. So I’m not going to answer the good enough question...would just be my opinion.

But I am comfortable saying I think we will be better at PG than last year. Jordan shouldn’t get worse his senior year. Connor should improve with a season of experience...no reason to assume he will get worse.

And we add a true PG and a RS freshman that supposedly can play the 1, 2 and 3. Having 2 more options shouldn’t make us worse. It provides more depth and allows the option of going with the hot hand(s) in any given game.

This is where my head is as it relates to PG.

Well looks like Bo is possibly now off that list due to hip surgery. :mad:

Moss got tons of PT, how was that a wasted opportunity?

And Cook...

The guy got legitimately beat out at two positions, lost time to injury, and has never played a snap of college football. How many different positions do you get to try out for in four years of P5 football? And on top of that, if he's never played in the whole time he's been here, how do you know how much talent he has in the first place? You can't go off of high school performance because there are tons of kids with zero expectations based on high school who come in and fizzle, and vice versa. I'm curious as to what you 're basing Drew Cook not playing as wasted talent. He's never made it past 3rd on the depth chart and last year was 5th deep at his position.

The only thing crappier than your parenting skills are your reasoning skills.
(Moss and Derby were both ESPN 4 stars)
Losing someone who would help us win basketball games = wasted "team" potential. His future may benefit from transferring, but it doesn't help Iowa.
Not finding a way to get a 4 star on the football field = wasted potential for the team and the individual
DC & AJ Derby & AJE (all of them 4 stars or higher) - Iowa gets 1 year starter production out of the three. No reason for the program not to squeeze more playing time out of talented legacies. The fanbase uses lack of 4/5 stars as an excuse for not winning the west division, yet when we do get them how much game time do we get out of them? If you go back and look it is troubling how often the higher rated recruits either leave the program or see little playing time.

Last edited:
Losing someone who would help us win basketball games = wasted "team" potential. His future may benefit from transferring, but it doesn't help Iowa.
Not finding a way to get a 4 star on the football field = wasted potential for the team and the individual
DC & AJ Derby & AJE (all of them 4 stars or higher) - Iowa gets 1 year starter production out of the three. No reason for the program not to squeeze more playing time out of talented legacies. The fanbase uses lack of 4/5 stars as an excuse for not winning the west division, yet when we do get them how much game time do we get out of them? If you go back and look it is troubling how often the higher rated recruits either leave the program or see little playing time.

Did you notice there is no Big West in basketball?

If 4 and 5 starts don't get much action, it's almost always because they were over rated.

opinion posted as fact - or you can supply a link to your data?
I wouldn't call it an opinion or a fact. I would call it an assumption based on common sense. Of course there are injuries and better players already playing at their position. I guess I should have said it's almost never because the coach decided to waste their talent.

Teams are most often better off if unhappy players leave, rather than that they hang around to share their unhappiness and disappointments with the others on the team. Iowa will have a new and perhaps better attitude next year. Wieskamp can make this team his own. Kriener will be a good soldier, et. al. Moss wasn't going to tear up anything at Iowa next year. He would be jacking three pointers and having the other players get the rebounds, working on his "NBA Game.". Nunge can do that, easily.

Its going to be a shock to him next winter when there isn't any snow. the guys that are leaving are good players, but IOwa has some pretty good players to take their place.