Moss to Arkansas

I wish Isaiah luck at Arkansas. I still thinks this sucks, and losing him and Cook are a bigger blow than many think around here. I now see our ceiling as a 8-10 seed in the NCAA winning 1 game. With those two we are possibly a 5-7 seed and could go to a sweet 16.
That’s doesn’t seem like a realistic ceiling. With those 2 and a few miracles, that was what they did last year. I think NIT is the ceiling unless there is unbelievable improvement from each player.

Dean never said he sees them as a tourney team either. He commented on what he thought their ceiling was.

Lmao Ok! Dean said I see Iowa ceiling being a 8-10 seed and winning 1 game, but with Cook and Moss said Iowa could go to the Sweet 16. And you saying that he isn’t saying they are a Tourny team Really? :rolleyes:

That’s doesn’t seem like a realistic ceiling. With those 2 and a few miracles, that was what they did last year. I think NIT is the ceiling unless there is unbelievable improvement from each player.

I disagree I guess. Joe will take a big step forward, and Nunge and Pemsl combined can replace Cook's production. I can see the being exactly what they were last year again this year, BUT that is the ceiling if all things break fairly decent for Iowa.

I disagree I guess. Joe will take a big step forward, and Nunge and Pemsl combined can replace Cook's production. I can see the being exactly what they were last year again this year.
With Nunge and Pemsl having 10 fouls to Cook’s 5...No easy baskets.

Lmao Ok! Dean said I see Iowa ceiling being a 8-10 seed and winning 1 game, but with Cook and Moss said Iowa could go to the Sweet 16. And you saying that he isn’t saying they are a Tourny team Really? :rolleyes:

I think they are totally a bubble team now, with the ceiling being what they were last year basically. I really don't know if they will make the NCAA tournament. With Moss I felt they were a NCAA team for sure. With Moss and Cook, I could have seen them being a higher seed and a sweet 16 team.

I think they are totally a bubble team now, with the ceiling being what they were last year basically. I really don't know if they will make the NCAA tournament. With Moss I felt they were a NCAA team for sure. With Moss and Cook, I could have seen them being a higher seed and a sweet 16 team.

Fair enough..

Hopefully, they will be better next year. The guys replacing the players that left are not going to be true freshmen, and they seem to be at least solid division one players. Hopefully both Moss and Cook make the NBA, but they weren't NBA players last year for Iowa so they should be replaceable. The returning players should be improved,especially Garza after having a whole year to heal from his surgery last year. Pemsl, Fredrick, and Nunge should be eager to make their mark on Iowa basketball. From watching Nunge, Pemsl, and tapes of Fredrick they both seem to have the extra heartbeat that Garza has. Next years team should be a team that really takes it to the other team. I'm looking forward to seeing Toussaint and the McCafftery men too. It will be unusual seeing probably five white starters.

Last edited:

We had 2 games go bad against us at the end of the year to balance out our miracles so its realistic to say we would have ended up in the same spot without any luck.

I know one of the AR player's dad who plays SG, they are NOT ecstatic about this.
There is an abundance of unhappiness on every team because the majority of the players who are there think they are amazing, can trust what the coaches tell them, and believe they are going to the NBA.

If only "team" revolved around "me."

I agree that unless someone really steps up I don’t see an NCAA bid this upcoming season.

In fairness to him he didn’t say what he thought the chances were of reaching that ceiling, just that if everything goes well that would be the best scenario possible.

I think they are going to be pretty good next year. They might get on a roll early. Hopefully they won't bomb out the second half of the conference schedule. I think they might be a lot tougher to prepare for next year. They should have a lot of power inside with Garza, Kriener, Nunge, and Pemsl. You know Wieskamp is going to be tough, and Fredrick looks like he is more than capable. The McCaffery boys will be an addition just because of their basketball I.Q. . I doubt they will do anything that will hurt the team. I suppose they are both good free throw shooters.

It is very weird that his dad plays shooting guard. Odd.
I think they are going to be pretty good next year. They might get on a roll early. Hopefully they won't bomb out the second half of the conference schedule. I think they might be a lot tougher to prepare for next year. They should have a lot of power inside with Garza, Kriener, Nunge, and Pemsl. You know Wieskamp is going to be tough, and Fredrick looks like he is more than capable. The McCaffery boys will be an addition just because of their basketball I.Q. . I doubt they will do anything that will hurt the team. I suppose they are both good free throw shooters.
giphy.gif