Moss testing the NBA process

I’m surprised the NBA doesn’t have some sort of qualification/invitation disclaimer.

I’m all for allowing guys to get more info to make an informed decision prior to hiring an agent. Jok and Cook made sense and seemed ready. Moss seems so far away..

With that said, it won’t hurt any so I can’t blame Moss for just taking advantage of an opportunity.

Not a big downside for us, but he is borderline delusional if he thinks he even has a remote chance at this point. Moss is a terrible on-ball defender, and would get eaten alive by NBA off-guards.

If anything, perhaps the experience will motivate him to work on his weaknesses. In the long run, we stand to benefit as long as he has that goal in his sights.

In the NBA you have to bring effort every night. And hit the floor for loose balls. Or you will have to answer to a group of grizzled veterans who will work you in practice like you have never been worked before. Charles Barkley admits he thought he had an NBA level work ethic as a rookie. Until he met Moses Malone.
Michael Jordan was known to permenantly destroy the will of certain rookies. And he enjoyed every minute of it.

I’m surprised the NBA doesn’t have some sort of qualification/invitation disclaimer.

I’m all for allowing guys to get more info to make an informed decision prior to hiring an agent. Jok and Cook made sense and seemed ready. Moss seems so far away..

With that said, it won’t hurt any so I can’t blame Moss for just taking advantage of an opportunity.

i admit i don't know the process, but i thought the applicants were vetted and only the ones they wanted to evaluate were invited to an evaluation? I thought that is what Jok did. I could be wrong. But yeah, Moss isn't ready. I mean, he "could" be if he had a much, much better motor. I wonder if he's gone, anyway. Perhaps Europe or G-League.

I think the point is that he's checked out.

A number of them have checked out.

How many of us would be fine with a raving lunatic having their hands on our lives and is priming their pet (son) to rake your place. It would be easier to say I just didnt make the NBA but I tried as opposed to your damaged being taking rejection of not being wanted by another program.

Classic case of abuse. Thats what is likrly going on.

Not a big downside for us, but he is borderline delusional if he thinks he even has a remote chance at this point. Moss is a terrible on-ball defender, and would get eaten alive by NBA off-guards.

If anything, perhaps the experience will motivate him to work on his weaknesses. In the long run, we stand to benefit as long as he has that goal in his sights.

Has no left hand, is a below avg shooter and is seriously lacking with mental aspect of the game.

How many of us would be fine with a raving lunatic having their hands on our lives and is priming their pet (son) to rake your place. It would be easier to say I just didnt make the NBA but I tried as opposed to your damaged being taking rejection of not being wanted by another program.

Wow...

I'm not EVEN sure how to assess this.

Let's just say it makes Moss look a LOT less delusional...

Unfortunately I agree with most of this

On one hand it’s probably not a bad thing and maybe Moss can learn something valuable from this and come back next year as a better player.

On the other hand the timing and just the fact that he declared still makes me wonder if their wasn’t a locker room issue with this team. We may find out more if he decides not to return.

1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cube.gif

He is doing what? He can't be serious can he be?