Morgan's Retirement...

Nothing but speculation...but...Coach Morgan I think is 61 or 62 so it's not a stretch to say he could retire fairly soon. Brian Ferentz is going to be a great coach, may be already, so I say bring him on if Reese is ready to go.

60 is the new 50. Coach Morgan's got plenty of gas in the tank if he wants to keep going.

So I suppose that you're saying that Morgan doesn't get any credit for the success that our OL has. He only gets credit for the failures? If you're not satisfied with the play of the line, there's someone else in the building that has an influence on it also. Morgan does more by accident than some of the coaches do on purpose. Who recruits the state of Iowa? Who gets credit for the 2 South Dakota players that have had an impact on our team? How about Karl Klug? Who recruited Ott from Nebraska? Who's coached 2 Outland Trophy winners? Sorry, but I just don't understand the attitude by some people.

Maybe Kozan just wants to play in a superior conference for a team that has proven it can contend for national championships.

Then again, maybe he doesn't want to play for a program headed toward NCAA sanctions.

I did not ever say Morgan was the only reason a kid comes to Iowa to play OL. What I said was there was this rumor that Morgan may retire. Who was the guy recruiting Kozan? Morgan! Kozan is an OL. Who is the OL coach at Iowa? Morgan. So to say it is far-fetched that the kid is rethingking things before he makes a final decison because the guy he did and would probably will have the most direct contact with on the coaching staff is leaving is absolutley sticking your head in the sand. KF even said yesterday that kids ask about coaches leaving and makes them ask questions.

ok one more time as i can't find my post; EJ who is the Recruiting Coordinator and TE coach want to spend less time on the road recruiting.
there is a possibility that EJ will remain the RC and give up the TE and on the road recruiting, opening up a TE coaching and recruiting position, this allows KF the ability to hire BF as the new TE coach and allows Morgan to remain the OL coach a few more years and lets BF get to know the OL recruits and builds his own relationships and takes over as the OL coach. then when RM retires there is not that big of a influence on future recruits and KF can either promote a GA or hire a new TE coach; without shaking things up the hard way;
this way we get a outside hire for DC, Woods become the DL coach officially

ok one more time as i can't find my post; EJ who is the Recruiting Coordinator and TE coach want to spend less time on the road recruiting.
there is a possibility that EJ will remain the RC and give up the TE and on the road recruiting, opening up a TE coaching and recruiting position, this allows KF the ability to hire BF as the new TE coach and allows Morgan to remain the OL coach a few more years and lets BF get to know the OL recruits and builds his own relationships and takes over as the OL coach. then when RM retires there is not that big of a influence on future recruits and KF can either promote a GA or hire a new TE coach; without shaking things up the hard way;
this way we get a outside hire for DC, Woods become the DL coach officially

So is EJ no longer considered an assistant coach? because then we are going to be in big trouble with our defensive coaching hires as we will only be able to fill one less spot if EJ is still considered a coach.

we have 2 spots open right now DL Coach and the DC Coach, the only way another job opens up is if Morgan retires or EJ takes a administrative job and steps away from actually Coaching a position

we have 2 spots open right now DL Coach and the DC Coach, the only way another job opens up is if Morgan retires or EJ takes a administrative job and steps away from actually Coaching a position

I know, do you think EJ will actually step away from the coaching aspect of it.

I know, do you think EJ will actually step away from the coaching aspect of it.

It's not hard to fathom EJ enjoying a recruiting coordinator / administrative position more. I'm not in any way saying he does, but some guys go into coaching and discover they enjoy the behind the scenes stuff more.

Latest posts