Morehouse Story On Unconscious Bias

Having unconscious bias does not make you a racist. Being racially insensitive does not make you a racist. Conflating those things with people calling you a racist makes me think you protest a bit too much and might be a racist.

Nobody ever asked me how I ever felt being called a cracker, white bread, honkie, or a just whitey. How does Fran feel about being called “white magic?” How many times have we’ve heard broadcasters mentioned “white magic” when referring to Fran’s playing days? Shouldn’t we be offended too. Or do we just don’t count because we are white. I think people are not as much rascist as much as they are hypocritical. Everyone needs to grow some thick skin and understand that many people dont really think of others in a rascist way anymore. Sure there are some still out there, but all of us should take some of the comments people say with a grain of salt. Many black people are more rascist than white people. They can be very rascist against other black people with a different shade of black skin, whether they are light-skinned, red-bone, or even very dark black skin. Japanese consider other Asians below them. Rascism exsists if you let it bother you. If you think what people say about you is true, then it might bother you. If what they say about you isnt true, then why should it bother you.

I’ll be setting up the Unconcious Bias mandatory training kiosks outside Carver on the cobblestones Saturday.

Give yourself an extra hour. I’ll give you a printed mfing certificate of completion before you go inside to knit.

I dont want to hear any of that “white priviledge” BS! I grew up dirt poor and everything I got was hard earned. I never treated anybody with nothing but respect even though I rarely got any respect in return. There are many people of “color” that were better off than me growing up. I also lived in the southern U.S. There is a new kind of slavery down there. The HAVES and the HAVE NOTS. If you arent rich in the South, doesnt matter if you are black or white, you are treated like dirt. I worked for one of the largest landowners in the country ( the guy is a multi-billionaire). I went to a company picnic where a man was getting his 40 year retirement celebrated. They brought him up on stage and proudly presented him his retirement check. $40.25 a month for the rest of his life! That is how the rich in the South compensate their devoted 40 year employees. Needless to say, I knew that wasn’t the company for me. White priviledge my ass!

Latest posts