More Trevon Young Drama

thejumper5

Chris Cuellar @cuellarchris

"AD Phil Chia confirms that Trevon Young is no longer part of the Lincoln basketball team. No further comment. #iahsbkb"

Cuellar is a high school sports reporter for the DM Register.

The whole recruitment of this kid was disturbing from the get go. He literally comes out of nowhere, makes a surprise early commitment, and within a couple of weeks gets arrested for vandalism or burglary or whatever the hell it was. He was suspended for almost half of his senior football season. We have seen KF cut bait with dozens of guys over less than this. We only had a few weeks invested in this kid the first time he got into trouble. Why is KF so wedded to this kid? I know that we are more or less desperate for any talent that we can find at this point, but this guy also just happens to be one of the lowest rated recruits among all our commitments, with only offers from Iowa and ISU. Just strange.

The whole recruitment of this kid was disturbing from the get go. He literally comes out of nowhere, makes a surprise early commitment, and within a couple of weeks gets arrested for vandalism or burglary or whatever the hell it was. He was suspended for almost half of his senior football season. We have seen KF cut bait with dozens of guys over less than this. We only had a few weeks invested in this kid the first time he got into trouble. Why is KF so wedded to this kid? I know that we are more or less desperate for any talent that we can find at this point, but this guy also just happens to be one of the lowest rated recruits among all our commitments, with only offers from Iowa and ISU. Just strange.

Because he's a freak athlete who will shine if his on-field performance matches his potential. 247Sports rates Young as Iowa's only 4-star commitment right now, and they do so because he has fantastic size and speed.

ever think he quit BB to get ready for FB?
Schimonek gave up Baseball to concentrate on FB, and TX was recruiting him for Baseball

Last edited:
No he didn't quit. I've known since Monday he got in trouble over the weekend. Similar charges to his first go around. He gone.

If I remember correctly but I think it took awhile for everything to play out the first time, they bumped the charges down and it wasn't nearly as bad as many had previously thought.

However, IF he is in trouble now and it is serious that just proves he didn't learn his lesson. I am not saying that kids aren't going to make mistakes, hell I made hundreds as a kid. But he is getting a full ride scholarship to play at a BCS level school.

I hope this turns out to nothing, or an extremely lesser charge but if not I am not sure if Ferentz will let this fly since it is the second strike.

you must go by scout, as he is a 4* on 247 who uses Max Preps who has been around longer thasn Scout, Rivals and ESPN. and on Rivals and ESPN he is a 3*, and Boetger is the lowest rated recruit to be on a scholarship, because Kluver is a 0* as a LS but will walkon.
and until more info comes out don't jump to conclusions

sorry but I don't lke people who act like a kindergardner, running around the school yard yelling "I KNOW A SECRET AND YOU DON'T"
if you have noticed he has not posted anything else since his declaration of knowing something that nobody else did.

sorry but I don't lke people who act like a kindergardner, running around the school yard yelling "I KNOW A SECRET AND YOU DON'T"
if you have noticed he has not posted anything else since his declaration of knowing something that nobody else did.

I told you in my post you mouthbreather.

Just because the cough syrup tastes good, it doesn't mean you have to drink it by the pint.

I told you in my post you mouthbreather.
you told us nothing other than a insinuation he did something wrong.
people want me to provide links or some sort of proof, so with this in mind provide a link to some sort of news article of his wrong doings
in this state news of a Iowa commit getting into trouble make the headlines, even on ESPN they make this a story
and I have not seen anything out there.
nor has Mr. Miller wrote something up on any transgression this kid may have had

you told us nothing other than insuation he did something wrong.
people want me to provide links or some sort of proof, so with this in mind provide a link to some sort of news article of his wrong doings
in this state news of a Iowa commit getting into trouble make the headlines, even on ESPN they make this a story
and Ihave not seen anything out there.

Hey I forgot to ask you, do you like guacamole?

Latest posts