More Texas and ND rumors

do Iowa fans really want this?

also, I dont believe either of those schools would jump to the big ten unless some exceptions were made so they did not have to share evenly with the rest of the conference.

also, I dont believe either of those schools would jump to the big ten unless some exceptions were made so they did not have to share evenly with the rest of the conference.

I don't think ND would have a problem with the equal revenue sharing, but see unlike the Big 12 and Beebe, the Big Ten and Delany have a pair of balls and will tell Texas these are the rules and either play by them or find somewhere else to go.

ND yes I would like to see the in the b10.

Texas no way do I want them...need to adhere to the vampire rule of they can't hurt you if you don't invite them in.

No, I would take Notre Dame, but Texas has done damage everywhere it's been. Even if Texas agreed to the shared revenue model of the Big 1G, one would have to think that eventually they would get greedy again when they felt the conference couldn't live without all that Texas money.

I only take Texas and ND is they want to play by the same rules. Equal revenue sharing by all....

I don't know about keeping the LHN in conjuction with BTN....turning the LHN into BTN2.

I only take Texas and ND is they want to play by the same rules. Equal revenue sharing by all....

I don't know about keeping the LHN in conjuction with BTN....turning the LHN into BTN2.

Believe me, if there is enough money in it for everybody, they would do it. The money the Big 10 could pull in from adding ND and Texas would be off the charts. That's the only reason why I don't totally discount these rumors.

This same poster on the NW board made an elaborate post about Texas joining the Big Ten last year. While there was likely some backroom conversations about Texas, Chip Brown, the guy who broke every story on realignment and was dead on last year, said Texas to the Big Ten was never a serious option.

The other part to this is Texas Tech would have to have a landing spot otherwise the Texas politics will kick in full gear to make sure they're not left behind too like Baylor.

The other part to this is Texas Tech would have to have a landing spot otherwise the Texas politics will kick in full gear to make sure they're not left behind too like Baylor.

I agree that Tech needs to have a place to land in order for Texas to move to the Big 10. Without Texas, I doubt the Pac 12 takes them, so it could be as simple as that. What a pain it would be to have to drag around that kind of dead weight. If anyone deserves it, I think it's Texas ;)

This same poster on the NW board made an elaborate post about Texas joining the Big Ten last year. While there was likely some backroom conversations about Texas, Chip Brown, the guy who broke every story on realignment and was dead on last year, said Texas to the Big Ten was never a serious option.

I'm not so sure about the bolded part. Chip pretty much said everything under the sun, and hit on a few points. He says what Deloss Dodds and Mack Brown want him to say.

He makes Bleacher Report look reputable.

If they would agree to this and actually adhere to it, I would like it. But back when they were admitted into the Big 8, they agreed to follow the rules and bylaws of the Big 8, and after a few months, they went back on their word and started dictating policy.

I think that Delaney has the stones to put the whorns in their place, but once he is gone, will texa$$ play politics to get a piece of crap lackey like Beebe to be commissioner?

I'm having some reservations.

Not sure where I heard this but one idea was Texas would keep their LHN money and wouldn't receive any Big Ten TV money.

Good to see you 74. Congrats on the W.
I am not going to post on this TX bull crap, in the end who cares, the B10 has always crossed all it's t's and dotted all it's i's, so I have faith they will do what is right for the conf.

Good to see you 74. Congrats on the W.
I am not going to post on this TX bull crap, in the end who cares, the B10 has always crossed all it's t's and dotted all it's i's, so I have faith they will do what is right for the conf.

Hey, what's going on? I only caught the last overtime with you guys last week. Tough break, but I respect what KF has done, and I respect what PR has done, too. Both are damn good coaches.

I guess 3 good things came out of our game:
1) T-Mart has his wheels back, for the time being
2) We have some fast, young playmakers, like Ameer, Turner, and K. Bell, and
3) It was a compelling game.

Other than that, looks like we have a lot of questions to answer, and if the answers are not found, it may be a long season.

Hey, what's going on? I only caught the last overtime with you guys last week. Tough break, but I respect what KF has done, and I respect what PR has done, too. Both are damn good coaches.

I guess 3 good things came out of our game:
1) T-Mart has his wheels back, for the time being
2) We have some fast, young playmakers, like Ameer, Turner, and K. Bell, and
3) It was a compelling game.

Other than that, looks like we have a lot of questions to answer, and if the answers are not found, it may be a long season.

The B10 in a nut shell this year.
ISU was a tough one to swallow, but I am still hoping come Nov. our first meeting has some meaning. I am sure you have read the melt downs around here and I have read the ones over there. Be on your toes this week and dont take your foot off the gas, I told you awhile back, I think the Huskies will show up to play. As for us, well, this week should tell us a bit more, always tough to go on the road second game in, against another in state team. We are going to just have to see, what we can do to Pitt.

Not sure where I heard this but one idea was Texas would keep their LHN money and wouldn't receive any Big Ten TV money.

No way, the Big Ten is one for all. LHN would become BTN2 in 2014. BTN will need to expand eventually anyway and this is the perfect way to do it. You now have 2 networks to broadcast your games on and you feature HS games that showcase the top schools in each of the Big Ten states.

Am I nuts or did I just hear Jon put out the theory that the B1G could invite not only ND and TX, but Missouri and ISU?

Did gravity just reverse its self or something?

Latest posts