More smoke with the Saban to Texas rumors.....

Texas has something going for it besides the incredible recruiting base and loads of money:

It's NOT Alabama. Seriously, have any of you been to Alabama? It's like a foreign country.

hey, no state income tax in Texas too, right? more money to keep. also, Austin is better than any city in Alabama.

When talking about this kind of money somehow this can get overlooked by us. But I guarantee you that the agents don't let it be.

Texas has something going for it besides the incredible recruiting base and loads of money:

It's NOT Alabama. Seriously, have any of you been to Alabama? It's like a foreign country.

I live a couple hrs from Alabama. The northern part It is a different place. But the people are nice. Been to Guntersville before and it's a beautiful place. Has a huge resort for vacationing. It's in the middle of nowhere about an hour from Huntsville. I've never been down to Tuscaloosa before. The south in general if your talking about TN Bama MS LA and GA is certainly alot different then the rest of the country.

Saban starts smacking up Bob Stoops in the Red River rivalry every year. Stoops gets fired, Ferentz gets fired (or retires), and Iowa hires Stoops.

Isn't Stoops like 56? He would be almost 60 by the time Iowa got him under your scenario.

Moar reasons switching to Texas would be preferable for Saban:

funny-alabama-pictures.jpg
Alabama-Fan-Tattoo.jpg
images
lowbudgeteboat.jpg
superbammertm6.jpg
harvey-updyke-in-bama-gear.jpg
NickSaban-1.jpg

I just don't see no way Satan leaves Alabama to go to texas but funnier things have happend. The thing is ever how much $ texas will offer him I think bama will match it or maybe even better it. And as for Ross P maybe he will see that it is possible that Saban might leave and commit back to us. But if your coach Ferentz would you take him back after he decommited. Some coaches want take you back if you decommit. What does everybody think coach Ferentz would do? GO HAWKS!

Saban loves the challenge of resurrecting storied programs. It has nothing to do with what program is better, Saban enjoys the challenge and he is GOOD AT IT..

Really? He has proven two things:

1) $EC schools are easy to "resurrect". Then again, how "dead" was EITHER L$U OR Alabama?

2) He couldn't do any "resurrecting" at MSU or in NFL-Miami.

I just don't see no way Satan leaves Alabama to go to texas but funnier things have happend. The thing is ever how much $ texas will offer him I think bama will match it or maybe even better it. And as for Ross P maybe he will see that it is possible that Saban might leave and commit back to us. But if your coach Ferentz would you take him back after he decommited. Some coaches want take you back if you decommit. What does everybody think coach Ferentz would do? GO HAWKS!

I think KF would take him in a heartbeat. I disagree with doing that, but that's what we would do.

My guess, though, is that he has burned the Iowa "bridge" with more than just fan base or a coach or two.

I live a couple hrs from Alabama. The northern part It is a different place. But the people are nice. Been to Guntersville before and it's a beautiful place. Has a huge resort for vacationing. It's in the middle of nowhere about an hour from Huntsville. I've never been down to Tuscaloosa before. The south in general if your talking about TN Bama MS LA and GA is certainly alot different then the rest of the country.

Huntsville-Decatur area seems a little foreign but it's really not too bad at all. Anything south of that would make me nervous. I've been to Auburn once and it was dreadful.

Huntsville-Decatur area seems a little foreign but it's really not too bad at all. Anything south of that would make me nervous. I've been to Auburn once and it was dreadful.

birmingham is a a beautiful area. have relatives in a suburb of. alabama's campus is nice too.

I don't believe a word Saban says. If the money is right, he will do just about anything. Texas is a catch22, they have a ton more talent, but they also have a ton more schools. However, the Longhorns usually get the pick of the litter, so it might be easier recruiting with a bigger pool of talent.

I don't believe a word Saban says. If the money is right, he will do just about anything. Texas is a catch22, they have a ton more talent, but they also have a ton more schools. However, the Longhorns usually get the pick of the litter, so it might be easier recruiting with a bigger pool of talent.

I don't think the recruiting can get any easier for him than it is currently in Alabama. Only difference is he doesn't have to worry about any of the other schools in his conference getting as good of recruits (aside from Oklahoma).