More proof SEC fans are ********

franstheman

I love that Iowa fans follow the team so passionately, and that we show it by traveling well and rocking Kinnick stadium. There's a point where it goes overboard and this guy is proof the SEC has the craziest (not in a good way) fans in the country. Just check this guy out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDCcXYVsPeg&feature=related]Tennessee vs North Carolina State: Wolfpack edition - YouTube[/ame]

God this guy is ****in crazy. But it was pretty funny watching him.

Okay. I'm not going to watch the whole thing, but how creeped out is 'Eric' (the first interviewee)? lol

I bet the Vol fanboy is related to the UGA fan who cold-called that recruit.

had a friend who went to grad school at an SEC school. he said the folks down there are crazy, and not in a good way.

This seems relevant in this thread:

bc692e4509bf1a9.jpg

Also here is the link where the photo came from, it's a pretty good read. OKTC's Awkward Fan Photo Contest: Introducing Bama Fans : Outkick The Coverage

What exactly was crazy about that? He was more level headed, respectful and insightful than the vast majority of HN posters. just seemed like a fan to me.

What exactly was crazy about that? He was more level headed, respectful and insightful than the vast majority of HN posters. just seemed like a fan to me.

I agree with the respectful part. I only watched through his first chat with an NC State fan, and Vol dude did not dispute the guy's NCSt victory prediction.

However...

Unless the Vol dude lives in Raleigh, it is very weird that he was walking around videotaping NCSt's campus and interviewing their fans on the street. Here's why:

1. His opening statement implied that this video was shot long before the season opener. This was not a game preview; he just went to town and walked around because he wanted to. Nothing wrong with doing what you want, but approaching a random Raleigh resident on the street who just bought some breakfast and wants to have a normal June/July day to talk about the game is weird.

2. It was a neutral site game. I would think it very weird if a Hawk fan had walked around DeKalb in early August decked out in Iowa gear, videotaping the NIU campus and talking to people about a game that was proximate in neither time nor location.

I agree with you that the guy's not a complete toolbag, but just put yourself in the shoes of a Raleigh resident seeing him walking around filming your town/campus in Tennessee gear. It's weird.

I agree with the respectful part. I only watched through his first chat with an NC State fan, and Vol dude did not dispute the guy's NCSt victory prediction.However...Unless the Vol dude lives in Raleigh, it is very weird that he was walking around videotaping NCSt's campus and interviewing their fans on the street. Here's why:1. His opening statement implied that this video was shot long before the season opener. This was not a game preview; he just went to town and walked around because he wanted to. Nothing wrong with doing what you want, but approaching a random Raleigh resident on the street who just bought some breakfast and wants to have a normal June/July day to talk about the game is weird.2. It was a neutral site game. I would think it very weird if a Hawk fan had walked around DeKalb in early August decked out in Iowa gear, videotaping the NIU campus and talking to people about a game that was proximate in neither time nor location.I agree with you that the guy's not a complete toolbag, but just put yourself in the shoes of a Raleigh resident seeing him walking around filming your town/campus in Tennessee gear. It's weird.

He seems to indicate in the video that he was a resident of Raleigh at one point. Don't know if he was born there or anything but he implies he moved from there elsewhere. My guess is he was in town for a family thing and took the opportunity to put together a look at their first opponent. I guess the OP just set me up to think this was going to be full of crazy and I didn't see it at all. it wasn't funny or good. just don't get where the crazy part came in .

He seems to indicate in the video that he was a resident of Raleigh at one point. Don't know if he was born there or anything but he implies he moved from there elsewhere. My guess is he was in town for a family thing and took the opportunity to put together a look at their first opponent. I guess the OP just set me up to think this was going to be full of crazy and I didn't see it at all. it wasn't funny or good. just don't get where the crazy part came in .

Fair enough. Like I said, I didn't watch the whole thing, and I did qualify my last post by saying something like "unless Vol dude lives in Raleigh."

It appears we agree. I certainly wouldn't fear for my safety if Iowa beat Tennessee and he was sitting next to me in the stadium.

Unlike...

I sat with my Dad in the middle of a whole section of Wisconsin fans in 2003 at Madison, though. That was a little tense, filing out of the narrow isles and corridors at Camp Randall after they blew it with the ball on our 5 at the end of the game. Awkward (but oh so awesome).

This SEC thread is making me crave boiled peanuts.

That is all.

It is hilarious that some Iowa fans are so butthurt and insecure about the SEC being better at football, that they post this and complain on behalf of the people of Raleigh, despite the fact this has nothing to do with anything even remotely Iowa football related.

Even better, considering last week, someone posted a clearly fake article about residents of Chicago complaining that Iowans were provincial drunks who came to town and annoyed everyone, and people around here, too oblivious to recognize it as satire, were holding it up as a badge of honor.

Latest posts