More players released ..

It will be interesting to see has any open scholarships for these guys, but I highly doubt either come to Iowa. Probably wouldn't have asked for release if didn't know of somewhere they had opportunity to go, and Iowa wasn't on either list, nor do I expect it to show up there.

Good stuff....thanks for posting. Anderson had interest from Georgetown, Miami and Wake + Providence and hails from TX. Crider is from Ohio and had interest from Michigan, Wisconsin and Notre Dame + Providence. One would think Iowa wouldn't be off the map for either, but I have grown to fear the dubious Nebraska offer in the 23rd hour.

At this point I assume McCaffrey and staff are sleeping in airports waiting to catch the next flight to Decommitville...wherever that might be. I have to think offers from "better" programs are running out.

On another note, I wonder if KU will make another run at Cezar with Selby declaring for the NBA?

when does this signing period end? I'm sure that's been mentioned a few times already.....sorry

when does this signing period end? I'm sure that's been mentioned a few times already.....sorry

May 18th is last day. I'm not saying that these players land at Iowa, but they are going to plug Scholarships somewhere. This signing period is out of control coaches have to be going nuts.

May 18th is last day. I'm not saying that these players land at Iowa, but they are going to plug Scholarships somewhere. This signing period is out of control coaches have to be going nuts.
Do you follow recruiting close enought to say that this years decommits are unusually high?

Providence released two of there players.

Kyan Anderson 2011 Basketball Recruiting News - ESPN

Markus Crider 2011 Basketball Recruiting Profile - ESPN

This season seems to be crazy I'm not sure if it seems more crazy because I'm following closer or it just is. Iowa having scholarships open might end up being a plus.
I will agree with you. You have to understand that coaches talk to each other and Fran knows 1000 times more than the average fan. We see a name and suddenly think this must be our only option. I have 100% confidence that we will all be saying how smoothly Fran pulled off bringing in "players to be named later".

I think the best option is to get a JUCO kid who is a little more mature, can step in and play immediately. Gone in two years and by then maybe we can be on more solid footing and recruit the high school kids.

Transfers are of limited value. Can't play next year, so no help for us there. Next year is the pressing need. Better off to bank the scholarship and hit next year hard rather than go for a transfer.

I think the best option is to get a JUCO kid who is a little more mature, can step in and play immediately. Gone in two years and by then maybe we can be on more solid footing and recruit the high school kids.

These kids are not transfers. They are freshman being let out of there LOI

The optimist in me thinks "There's two more guys that Iowa can go after or at least might fill up a scholly that one of our current recruits might have considered."

The pesimist thinks, "No, theres two more guys that do not have Iowa on their list and here comes Providence after our current recruits."

Latest posts