More Nintendo League Defections?

Love the guy (currently at the end of page 3), who thinks the competition is so much better in the Big 12 that they'd compete in the top 3 spots every year.

Where do they come up with these ideas... they can't really believe it can they?

Love the guy (currently at the end of page 3), who thinks the competition is so much better in the Big 12 that they'd compete in the top 3 spots every year.

Where do they come up with these ideas... they can't really believe it can they?

They're all idiots.

Notice how he goes by "ISUbaseball." He must think they compete well in that sport too.. ;)

Big Ten = Big 12

It just goes in cycles.

In football I would say Big 12 > Big 10.

In basketball I would call it a push.

I like both conferences but I prefer the Big 12 play in football. I only watch Illinois and Iowa in football if neither of these teams are playing its a snooze fest to me unless its OSU/UM. BIg 12 fun is more fun to watch in my opinion. In basketball Big 10 play is ok but I prefer Big 12 unless Illinois is playing.

I would love to make an objective analysis of the status of the two conferences, but I can never seem to find the Big 12 games (particularly ISU games) on TV to aid in my research. Is there something wrong with my TV?

I would love to make an objective analysis of the status of the two conferences, but I can never seem to find the Big 12 games (particularly ISU games) on TV to aid in my research. Is there something wrong with my TV?

They're usually on at weird, non-football times. Like Friday nights.

I also think it's funny that one of the worst teams in its conference is chest-thumping about how good the B12 is compared to the B1G. That would be like the cast of MTV's Teen Mom arguing over whose state has the most Mensa members.

In football I would say Big 12 > Big 10.

In basketball I would call it a push.

I like both conferences but I prefer the Big 12 play in football. I only watch Illinois and Iowa in football if neither of these teams are playing its a snooze fest to me unless its OSU/UM. BIg 12 fun is more fun to watch in my opinion. In basketball Big 10 play is ok but I prefer Big 12 unless Illinois is playing.

To each their own. The B12 seems like a finesse league most of the time. I'd rather watch more physical football where defense is actually played.

As for basketball, the B10 is finally starting to gain some tempo. The conference was a snooze fest for many years. I do enjoy watching B12 basketball as well.

What? You live in Iowa they are not on at weird times. So what if certain games are played on friday night. The whole country see's these weird friday night games.

Are you serious? I think it's pretty well accepted that friday night games are a sign of obscurity. Sure, 'it's unique', and 'everyone in the nation is watching' potentially, but it's a sign of a program that needs extra help.

And you have to be kidding on the exposure, recruitment boost aspect, right? Is the thought that people are going to see ISU on TV on a friday night and be intrigued?

If I were a recruit and saw ISU was playing a friday night game, I would think to myself: 'so I won't be able to play on college football saturdays if I go to ISU? Man, that's a bummer. If I live in Chicago or Minneapolis or Des Moines or Kansas City, my parents might not be able to get off work on friday and make it to the game to watch me play.'

Painting the grass on a football field blue makes a program stand out too, but it doesn't mean that it's a good idea.

Latest posts