Monteroso to BC

weird. i thought he loved his visit.

Yeah it seemed he was excited by us, and I was very intrigued by his potential. Now with that said, we have some weird vibes with 3 WR’s we’ve been in on, meaning we really don’t know for sure what we are telling these kids. Coupled with the fact that we have 3, 4 counting Fleming, WR’s inked and on campus for this coming year and have now received commitments from at least 3 WR type options for this next year, so maybe they are worried about time or our staff is telling them to hold off…who knows?!?!

Yeah it seemed he was excited by us, and I was very intrigued by his potential. Now with that said, we have some weird vibes with 3 WR’s we’ve been in on, meaning we really don’t know for sure what we are telling these kids. Coupled with the fact that we have 3, 4 counting Fleming, WR’s inked and on campus for this coming year and have now received commitments from at least 3 WR type options for this next year, so maybe they are worried about time or our staff is telling them to hold off…who knows?!?!

True. Or maybe he was just smitten by the city of Boston.

Personal antecdote--when I was in high school, I was torn between a couple of D3 schools, where I would run track, and Iowa. It turns out that one of the schools I was being recruited to had a guy on the team that had gone to Iowa for a year before transferring to the smaller school to run track. The coach made sure I had a long conversation with him about the differences between the schools, and it was quite persuasive. I'm sure schools that have transfers on their roster use them strategically quite a bit.

I have to wonder if Monteroso met with former Hawkeye Marcus Grant while on his visit to BC. If he did, what kind of influence did Grant have on him?

Personal antecdote--when I was in high school, I was torn between a couple of D3 schools, where I would run track, and Iowa. It turns out that one of the schools I was being recruited to had a guy on the team that had gone to Iowa for a year before transferring to the smaller school to run track. The coach made sure I had a long conversation with him about the differences between the schools, and it was quite persuasive. I'm sure schools that have transfers on their roster use them strategically quite a bit.

I have to wonder if Monteroso met with former Hawkeye Marcus Grant while on his visit to BC. If he did, what kind of influence did Grant have on him?

Forgot that's where he ended up. Yeah, wonder if he talked to him.

Wasn't Marcus grant one of our first recruits that year?? And I remember he was on board and trying to recruit others to Iowa

Wasn't Marcus grant one of our first recruits that year?? And I remember he was on board and trying to recruit others to Iowa

Yeah, from what I remember he had to go back closer to home for personal reasons and had nothing but good things to say about Iowa. I'm guessing he saw a better chance to play early. We've recruited a lot of wr's between last year and in this class where we already have 3 verbals.

Yeah, from what I remember he had to go back closer to home for personal reasons and had nothing but good things to say about Iowa. I'm guessing he saw a better chance to play early. We've recruited a lot of wr's between last year and in this class where we already have 3 verbals.

thanks couldnt remember why grant left. with that i doubt it was anything grant said that would make him choose bc over iowa. i will go with the 3 recruits that are wrs already on board.

WR's in the last two classes:

Cam Wilson
Tevan Smith
Alex Malloy
Maybin
Fleming
Willis
A couple of others from St Louis or Ohio.

We have at least 8 guys at WR in the 12 and 13 classes....how many more can we actually use?
I was surprised that we were still pursuing this kid, even tho he looked good.
We have quite a few that fit the same profile...6'2''+,long big WR's..the first 5 on the list fit that profile.
We need quick slot guys,maybe.

We have quite a few that fit the same profile...6'2''+,long big WR's..the first 5 on the list fit that profile.
We need quick slot guys,maybe.

yeah, kind of like our situation at the 4 in basketball. we have quite a few guys who do the same thing. unless we're going to change our style of play, we are more than covered at WR.

It's hard for me to believe a recruit tours our new facilities and wants to go somewhere else. The Michigan state vs Wisconsin game is on the BTN right now....makes me wonder if Melvin Gordon is regretting his decision to de commit from Iowa to Wisconsin. He could of had lots of PT and may only see the field for 1 year at Wisconsin

Latest posts