Molly Davis Expected to Return

Talk about great news. The way her leg twisted that didn't look good. Even if it wasn't a torn ACL/MCL I figured it wasn't good. If she can be back in 2 or even 3 weeks I bet we'll still be playing and she'll help. For that to not be her last game to me is heart warming. Nobody wanted that to have been it for her.

My guess she will miss the Big Ten Tourney, so Davis will get about 2 1/2 weeks to recover before the start of NCAA tourney.

Depending on how her recovery goes,
maybe she can play a small number of minutes in NCAA round 1 and round 2 games.

Hopefully (fingers crossed), Iowa will win those games and advance to the sweet 16 and Davis will be healthy enough to play full minutes the rest of Iowa's run in the tourney.

But it's really hard to know for sure. It could just be wishful thinking on my part.

Iowa really does need her. They realized years ago they need another PG to spell Caitlin. They brought her in from Central Michigan and she truly is a firecracker when playing. Plays bigger than she is and she has a toughness to her. She really is the only other one who has good handles to provide great PG play so she is really needed for the long run in the NCAA tourney. This is good news. I have really enjoyed watching her these years and very happy she transferred to Iowa.

Since it's basically home games until the sweet 16 if Iowa gets that far, Molly has some time to get right. It hurts us in the BTT as CC will have to play 3 games in three days with no back up. That makes the chances of beating Indiana and Ohio State back to back that much tougher.

2SsTf9J.jpg

Latest posts