Moeaki gets some praise on the NFL Network

Remember those idiots at before the draft saying he needed to work on his blocking? Most so-called experts don't know half as much about the teams they are covering as the die-hard fans know. They just don't work that hard. So if they aren't giving a player or our team as much credit as deserved, it's just as likely to be pure ignorance as much as disrespect or bias.

I have found myself watching the Chiefs only to watch him. He is doing an amazing job blocking (as we knew he could) There were some pass plays where he was left one on one with the DE (kampman) and I never saw a guy get by him. Runs like a WR and blocks like a T. Please God stay healthy and he will have an amazing career.

Gotta watch your use of pronouns.

I'll still go with Moeaki. He's a much better blocker and a better overall athlete. I'm not selling Dallas short in any means, but Tony brings more intangibles. I'd like to see what Tony would do with Peyton throwing to him.

I told a buddy that whoever drafts TM would be getting a steal, and we would be watching him tear it up in the pros and think, "man if he could have stayed healthy at Iowa" Well, "man if he could have stayed healthy at Iowa..."

I'll still go with Moeaki. He's a much better blocker and a better overall athlete. I'm not selling Dallas short in any means, but Tony brings more intangibles. I'd like to see what Tony would do with Peyton throwing to him.

I told a buddy that whoever drafts TM would be getting a steal, and we would be watching him tear it up in the pros and think, "man if he could have stayed healthy at Iowa" Well, "man if he could have stayed healthy at Iowa..."

How can you say Tony brings more intangibles when intangibles are.....well..... intangible.

Tony was a nice player to be sure, but was hurt often and when he did play his production was inconsistent.

Tony couldn't play DC's role in the Colts O. I can't imagine Tony lined up in the slot or out wide.

When I look at what tight end has meant to Iowa, and what the best tight ends do, I pick Tony and I dont hesitate. I wrote it at the time; Moeaki was just as good a blocker as a true frosh as Clark was in his last year.

Last year, Moeaki was the best blocker on the team. He was a devastating blocker at the college level and I think his pass receiving skills are very much in the neighborhood of Clark, whereas Clark's blocking is not in the neighborhood of Moeaki.

So IMO, Moeaki is the best tight end I have ever seen play at Iowa.

Tony couldn't place DC's role with the Colts, but DC can't play the traditional TE the way Moeaki can.

Then again, they are both great players.

If they were both the same age and played at Iowa at the same time who would start? I say Tony just because he seems to be an all around better TE and that is what the coaching staff likes IMO.

I am a big chiefs fan and I love how Moeaki has been producing. The fear will always be his health especially with a longer season. Here's hoping.

Tony is a great blocker and really unfortunate he was always banged up at Iowa, but hope he continues great success in NFL.

If you had both Tony and Clark and had to pick a starter, using this staff's philosophy, I think you'd have to go with Clark. We run an awful lot of two-tight formations, and our #2's primary role is as a blocker more often than not. And Tony is head and shoulders better than Clark in that department. Yes, you'd make a concerted effort to get both of them the ball, but this staff puts a higher emphasis on blocking for the #2.

Now if I had MY choice, and didn't operate under those constraints, I'd say Tony. He's just better overall.

When I look at what tight end has meant to Iowa, and what the best tight ends do, I pick Tony and I dont hesitate. I wrote it at the time; Moeaki was just as good a blocker as a true frosh as Clark was in his last year.

Last year, Moeaki was the best blocker on the team. He was a devastating blocker at the college level and I think his pass receiving skills are very much in the neighborhood of Clark, whereas Clark's blocking is not in the neighborhood of Moeaki.

So IMO, Moeaki is the best tight end I have ever seen play at Iowa.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Clark played TE @ Iowa in 2001 and 2002, right? Prior to that, he was a Linebacker. He didn't get 10 years like Moeaki did (just kiddin' ...). So, for the transition to a position never played to 2nd year into it being All-Big 10, All-American, and John Mackey Award for best TE in the country ... that's sayin' something.

Both have great hands though. I love Tony's over the shoulder grab in the back of the end zone @ Wisconsin in 2009. I think that was on 3rd down. He drops that, we quite possibly lose that game.

I think Allen Reisner is VERY underrated and could be a 3rd / 4th round sleeper next year. Every time the guy gets the ball, he makes a move up field for positive yards.

Tony's blocking was head and shoulders above Dallas's blocking.

However, Moeaki rarely, if ever, broke a tackle.

Dallas is the best YAC player at Iowa ever.

The gap in blocking ability is huge in Tony's favor, but is dwarfed by the run after catch gap in favor of Dallas.

Watch the clip of Dallas against Minnesota in 2001 where it goes about 35 yards with 5 Gophers hanging on him. Tony consistently got brought down by one man.

The 95-yard TD against Purdue, given what was at stake, is not a play Tony could or did pull off.

Saying Tony is a better TE because he was a better blocker is like saying Brad Banks was a better QB than Chuck Long because he was a better runner.

Latest posts