Mobile

HawkForce

Hey Jon,
I don't mind the new software...but once I logged in on my phone...I can no longer view the forums...It looks like the entire page formatting has been screwed up. Kind of sucks I can no longer visit HN on my phone..

We can't help you unless you provide the following info:
Phone make & model.
Phone operating system.
Browser name and version.

I have the iPhone 3GS uses Safari here's a screenshot of what I see when I switch to mobile.

IMG_0119_zps92e1237e.png

Edit: and you can't scroll to ther right...

Can you download a different browser and try it?
Something like dolphin, chrome, or opera?

The mobile version seems to work fine when you aren't signed in. I'm not sure Scorp, never thought about it. I'll look it up.

Turn the phone sideways and you will be able to at least see enough of the screen to navigate. (at least I can on my android phone) It is still very annoying however.

I'm still pizzed I can't get the bookmark to work correctly so that it goes directly to the new posts. But with my 4s I can see the whole page, so I'm not sure what is so different from yours.

I dunno, guys. I think people are struggling with two things:
1. crApple controls your "experience" to the point where you have no say in what browser you use, regardless of how bad safari sucks and how much you paid for the "privilege" of buying an iphoney.
2. You Android guys have old versions of Android and/or haven't checked out the Dolphin browser (it is hands down the best browser for a 'droid phone, even better than Chrome in my opinion).

Here's what I see...looks just like my desktop & laptop, and performs identically as well.

8009154522_110f11d6d5.jpg

1. crApple controls your "experience" to the point where you have no say in what browser you use, regardless of how bad safari sucks and how much you paid for the "privilege" of buying an iphoney.
2. You Android guys have old versions of Android and/or haven't checked out the Dolphin browser (it is hands down the best browser for a 'droid phone, even better than Chrome in my opinion).

Here's what I see...looks just like my desktop & laptop, and performs identically as well.

Is that your bookmark for it? I can bookmark that page, but not the whats new? page.

Is that your bookmark for it? I can bookmark that page, but not the whats new? page.

Yep, that's my booky marky for HN, and then I just tap "what's new?" (can't see it in that screen cap 'cause I scrolled down a bit).
Takes miliseconds to get to where you want to land.

Also, charge your phone brah.

LOL silly fanboy
my battery life is ridiculous, and totally crushes your little crApple toy
Looky here:
8009254354_88663fa0fb.jpg

Yeah, that's right: 1 DAY, 12 HOURS, 57 MINUTES since my last charge, and I'm still at 36%.
PWN3D.

U R soooo jelly

We are trying to create a specific theme...so if you choose to view it in the mobile style right now, you could see some messes.

Will somebody tell me what MNCycloneFreak said about me? I have her on ignore. Ktks.

You are viewing the site full browser, not with Mobile Style enabled. Which means you are having to constantly resize your screen.

This may be something that you are okay with and for some sites it isn't bad but when you go from thread to thread and have to consistently resize the screen on a mobile devise it gets annoying. That is why Mobile Themes are so popular...no resizing.

Latest posts