MN worth worrying about?

Hawkfnntn

Honestly I haven't watched 5 snaps of MN football this yr. I know Michigan smashed them and they lost to Northwestern which makes me think they probably aren't all that good at all. But again I don't know much about them this yr and won't pretend to.

That being said it's not like Iowa can run up the score on anyone anyway. I'm just wondering if it'll be a nail biting 4 quarter thing that Iowa could piss away at the end somehow or if Iowa should easily hold them to 7 or less. (talk about a threshold not many teams can even talk about) If Iowa holds them to 7 or less Iowa should win right?? Maybe even 10?...

I think the way this Iowa team is they will be in close nail biting games against any competition. The only real thing that worries me is that Minny had a bye week to prepare for a one-dimensional Iowa offense. That can be dangerous against any P5 Div 1 team. That's all.

I also think that Hill can have some success passing this game as I hear Minny's secondary is on the young side and has been suspect this season. That is good.

I think the way this Iowa team is they will be in close nail biting games against any competition. The only real thing that worries me is that Minny had a bye week to prepare for a one-dimensional Iowa offense. That can be dangerous against any P5 Div 1 team. That's all.

I also think that Hill can have some success passing this game as I hear Minny's secondary is on the young side and has been suspect this season. That is good.

Except for a potential all-American safety whom we should avoid like the plague...throw anywhere other than near Nubin.

Except for a potential all-American safety whom we should avoid like the plague...throw anywhere other than near Nubin.
Agree. That would take some serious awareness/recognition by Hill. Which judging by how he tried to get not only All killed last week like he did but he made the same sort of pass to Ragaini too. So it would almost seem coincidental if he were able to avoid throwing his general area for an entire game. Over under 20 attempts for him this week? I'll take the under

If I were Minnesota I would make DH and that passing attack beat me and wouldn't wait until the middle of the 1st qtr...f*ck that feeling out process.

As I stated before, if Deac could complete 50-55% of his passes this game isn't close, but he can't, so it is going to be a dogfight.

Always worry about whomever you are playing. Otherwise games can get away from you. It appears Minny is worse than usual and I hope that shows itself in the score.

If I were Minnesota I would make DH and that passing attack beat me and wouldn't wait until the middle of the 1st qtr...f*ck that feeling out process.

As I stated before, if Deac could complete 50-55% of his passes this game isn't close, but he can't, so it is going to be a dogfight.

Lol Barking GIF - Lol Barking Afraid - Discover & Share GIFs
Come at me, Bro

The Goofers have allowed over 155 points in the last four games. Goofs better opponents were NC State in a 31-13 loss and a 52-10 loss. to Harbaugh. Goofs allowed Wiley 37 and even 24 to the Rajun Cajuns. In the two losses the Goofs only scored 23 points. The Goofs surrender a lot of rushing yardage. If we get the running game back to last week's play this could be a fairly safe win. What if we throw a forward pass for a TD. Nate Stanley threw 5 TDs in his second game on, Iowa State's field actually. Iowa has thrown only 5 this year and we are past the halfway mark.

Agree. That would take some serious awareness/recognition by Hill. Which judging by how he tried to get not only All killed last week like he did but he made the same sort of pass to Ragaini too. So it would almost seem coincidental if he were able to avoid throwing his general area for an entire game. Over under 20 attempts for him this week? I'll take the under
I was listening to some podcast and that talked about the throw to Ragaini saying he got alligator arms. They sounded like they thought he should have tried harder to catch that ball. Ragaini did the right thing by not trying to catch it. His momma didn’t raise no fool. He saw what happened to All and wasn’t going to sacrifice his knee for a five yard gain.

No game is a sure thing for this team but we should be able to hold them to 10 points or less. I think we will get it done at home. 16-10 Hawks.

It's interesting to think about how close Minn is to being 2-1 or could just as easily be 0-3.

Minn beat Neb on a 4th down conversion to tie the game with less than 2 minutes then won the game with last second FG.

Minn then lost to NW after a 2nd half collapse and losing in OT.

I was listening to some podcast and that talked about the throw to Ragaini saying he got alligator arms. They sounded like they thought he should have tried harder to catch that ball. Ragaini did the right thing by not trying to catch it. His momma didn’t raise no fool. He saw what happened to All and wasn’t going to sacrifice his knee for a five yard gain.
Yup. He's also like a 6th yr senior that's played a lot. He was protecting himself because that throw and play was damn near the exact same thing to All and Ragaini woulda got crushed had he caught it. For like you said no more then 5 yards whoopty do.

Now if it was 4th and 3 and Iowa was behind in the 4th q when that play occurs then sure you'd want to see receiver try to get it. But that play wasn't anything of the sort.

When the D is in zone and you run those shallow crossers you gotta throw those balls right on their body so they don't have to reach out at all for it. You'd like your receivers to be on same page with QB and even sit down once they've gotten open and not sprint straight into the next defender either as the ball starts to be thrown. It's a tad nuanced and takes lots of game reps to get good at. Needless to say Hill hasn't had a lot of those.

Honestly I haven't watched 5 snaps of MN football this yr. I know Michigan smashed them and they lost to Northwestern which makes me think they probably aren't all that good at all. But again I don't know much about them this yr and won't pretend to.

That being said it's not like Iowa can run up the score on anyone anyway. I'm just wondering if it'll be a nail biting 4 quarter thing that Iowa could piss away at the end somehow or if Iowa should easily hold them to 7 or less. (talk about a threshold not many teams can even talk about) If Iowa holds them to 7 or less Iowa should win right?? Maybe even 10?...
Turns out your fears were justified.

Latest posts