MIZZOU all but gone from Big XII

Because you won't be at 13 teams for many years before adding a 14th.

Which means making up new schedules again after 13, and then again after 14.

If the Big Ten goes to 14, they will do it just like the Pac-10 in going to 12, ACC in going to 14, and SEC in going to 14 - by adding 2 at a time.

I agree, I do not think it will be years before they go to a 14th. But I do not think the Big Ten would be rushed into taking a 14th and may even play a season at 13 while they went through the process. Twill made the comment if you take MO then you have to find a 14th, which would be a "leech". I do not think the Big Ten will rush into anything and definitely will not add a 14th team just to get to 14. They would do their due diligence and find the right institution academically, athletically, and expand the TV footprint.

Missouri would be a nice addition to the Big 10, but Texas and Notre Dame will be better.

Yes Texas and ND would make the Big 10 a TON of money, but it probably won't happen. Texas won't get rid of the LHN, and we don't want them. ND does not want to fund stem cell research, and they remain stubborn when it comes to football indenpendence. That may change someday, just not today.

I do not think the Big Ten will rush into anything and definitely will not add a 13th team just to get to 13. They would do their due diligence and find the right institution academically, athletically, and expand the TV footprint.

Fixed. Which is why Missouri isn't already in the Big Ten.

I get so irritated by the Rutgers/Syracuse/UConn/Pitt ideas joining the B1G. ACC doesn't even want Rutgers or UConn, why would we? And I think they invited Syracuse and Pitt as a defensive mechanism in fear of what the SEC would do, so they were pro-active to address their potential issues if SEC comes calling on V Tech, FSU or UNC. They figured they might as well wound their next biggest issue in the Big East.

This idea that the B1G wants to enter the NYC market is plain stupid. Why is Rutgers/UConn so attractive to us but not the ACC?

Unless expansion involves Notre Dame, I think Delaney is perfectly content at 12 teams and appropriately so.

I get so irritated by the Rutgers/Syracuse/UConn/Pitt ideas joining the B1G. ACC doesn't even want Rutgers or UConn, why would we? And I think they invited Syracuse and Pitt as a defensive mechanism in fear of what the SEC would do, so they were pro-active to address their potential issues if SEC comes calling on V Tech, FSU or UNC. They figured they might as well wound their next biggest issue in the Big East.

This idea that the B1G wants to enter the NYC market is plain stupid. Why is Rutgers/UConn so attractive to us but not the ACC?

Unless expansion involves Notre Dame, I think Delaney is perfectly content at 12 teams and appropriately so.

I am with you there, no way would the Big Ten ever consider Rutgers without Notre Dame.

Get over it people. The Big Ten has absolutely no interest in Missouri. The Tigers don't bring enough money to the table. If Missouri was such a great deal for the Big Ten, the Tigers would be a member instead of Nebraska.

Missouri is like the biggest nerd in high school hoping the hottest girl in school asks him to the prom. It ain't gonna happen.

Unlike Jon, I question whether Missouri could pay for itself.

Latest posts