Mitch McGary

"It's just with the NCAA and their strict rules, they don't show any mercy," McGary said. "They take their things seriously."...........

No $hit Sherlock.........

Wow, well, I think his NBA dreams will "go up in smoke" as well..... These kids nowadays, boggles the mind sometimes.....What about NBA coaches and management? Aren't they going to question his "one night" of saying to "YES" to drugs? To me, this is BS...that he can just declare...I'm kind of hoping he doesn't get drafted....

Last edited:
A lot of good and bad here for Iowa.

Michigan loses a ton going into next year and will be middle of the pack in the B1G.

But now Michigan has a scholly to offer Huff from Nevada.

Michigan loses a ton going into next year and will be middle of the pack in the B1G.

Ya, I just thought of that as well.......Lavell Jordan is all over Huff, so, I guess, we'll see......does he wanna sit out a year and play for Michigan or Iowa? That's the question...

McGary declared for the draft a while ago, this doesn't really change anything.

Another horrible rule in the NCAA. How can smoking weed get you a 1 yr suspension but a DUI has no repercusions from the NCAA? Why is the NCAA even drug testing for marijuana? If they are concerned about student safety and well being this would be a performance enhancing druge test.

Huff will sit out next season, so it doesn't really affect next year, but I agree very important to get him in the fold.

of course he has to sit out.

he would take one of the remaining 2014 schollys while he sits out, however.

at any rate, losing him to michigan would suck, and be another recruiting setback.

Maybe I don't pay attention close enough, but have any other high profile players been busted for pot and had to sit a year? Seems like it would be more common

of course he has to sit out.

he would take one of the remaining 2014 schollys while he sits out, however.

at any rate, losing him to michigan would suck, and be another recruiting setback.

How do you have a recruiting setback. You start with 0 and if you end up with 0 that is equal. It would suck, but setback is not the right word.

How do you have a recruiting setback. You start with 0 and if you end up with 0 that is equal. It would suck, but setback is not the right word.

By such logic, there are never any recruiting setbacks, or recruiting gains.

If you pursue a player as a priority recruit (such as contacting a transfer immediately after his release, as the hawks did), then fail to land that player, that is a setback insofar as you have failed to make the program and the coaches enticing/desirable enough to attract the talent that you want to bring in. Likewise, if you lose a valued player -- who could raise the perceived value of the program, and raise the results of the program, to a rival conference school, that is a setback.

Recruiting, like any other form of marketing, is always either progressing or regressing with every pitch; you are either raising the brand image* and the market share, or you are losing: there is no stasis.

* and college recruiting is largely image -- the emotional level on which the recruit perceives the program. Unless you coach at legacy program that sells itself, you need to be able to sell and close.

Ya, I just thought of that as well.......Lavell Jordan is all over Huff, so, I guess, we'll see......does he wanna sit out a year and play for Michigan or Iowa? That's the question...
Sorry for being a negative nancy but the Hawks don't stand a chance getting Huff over Michigan. I hope i'm wrong cause we could really use him.

Sorry for being a negative nancy but the Hawks don't stand a chance getting Huff over Michigan. I hope i'm wrong cause we could really use him.
The same was said when we were competing vs MSU for Ulis. They came in third. One thing that could help us over MI in the Huff wars is if he's serious about playing SF. The reason he left NV is he wanted to play SF. MI plays 4 guards and a PF. He would play the 4 spot at MI. We'd use him as a combo forward.

By such logic, there are never any recruiting setbacks, or recruiting gains.

If you pursue a player as a priority recruit (such as contacting a transfer immediately after his release, as the hawks did), then fail to land that player, that is a setback insofar as you have failed to make the program and the coaches enticing/desirable enough to attract the talent that you want to bring in. Likewise, if you lose a valued player -- who could raise the perceived value of the program, and raise the results of the program, to a rival conference school, that is a setback.

Recruiting, like any other form of marketing, is always either progressing or regressing with every pitch; you are either raising the brand image* and the market share, or you are losing: there is no stasis.

* and college recruiting is largely image -- the emotional level on which the recruit perceives the program. Unless you coach at legacy program that sells itself, you need to be able to sell and close.

Well that is pretty much 100% wrong. By that logic any player that commits is a gain, so if you never recruited anyone you would have no gains, no loses and be neutral, but after doing that for long you wouldn't have a team. To say we didn't get Atwood is a setback to me is silly. It would be nice to have him but it's not setting this team back to Lickliter days, and it doesn't mean Fran can't recruit. Atwood just preferred ASU.

Latest posts